𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘛𝘸𝘰

↣ 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨

When Steve arrived at the trailer park, Max instantly leapt out, and Kathleen turned to Lucas, telling him about his game plans in order to divert him

"That thing's got batteries in it, right?" Steve asked, glancing at the walkie talkie.

"I'm not even answering that question."

Kathleen turned to find her father smoking on the picnic seat, undoubtedly wondering where his children were. Her instincts told her to go see him, but she couldn't.

"These two are probably just going to argue, so go talk to him." Kathleen stared at Lucas, who had just given her another nudge.

Kathleen climbed out of the car and shut the door behind her before walking over to her father. "You know you children always know how to give me gray hair." He said he didn't even have to look to know she was there.

" I'm pretty sure my uncle gave you grey hair long before we came along, dad." She grinned as she sat down besides her father. She didn't know what to say or how to express it. Knowing that someone was slain in her childhood house and that he was lost as they were.

"I always thought my brother would improve, that he would mature once he had a son, but he never did. That boy might be troubled, but he would never do this." Finally glancing at his daughter, he replied.

"How are you so calm, why aren't you yelling, screaming, or asking all of these questions?" she inquired. Why hasn't he questioned her where she's been or whether she's been involved?

"Because there's no reason for me to be concerned, that group you hang out with is as safe as it gets, the only thing I'm concerned about is finding Eddie and getting him home." He murmured as he wrapped his arm around her. The action made Kathleen feel like a little kid again.

She felt terrible for knowing Eddie's specific location, but it was for his safety. She shifted her gaze to their home. Knowing they'll have to find a new home after all of this. That is, if they are to get out of this.

Kathleen turned her gaze to observe that Max appeared to be finishing off her talk as her father removed his arm. Her father kissed her head and lingered there before turning to face her. " be safe, okay?"

Kathleen nodded and put her arms around her father's neck. "I will be." She finally released her father and walked over to Steve's car. As she got back into the car, she gave her father one more look.

Max reappeared unexpectedly and climbed inside the car as well. " Hey, that was longer than 20 seconds." Steve grumbled, only to see that max was upset. "Hey, whoa, whoa. You all right?"

" I'm fine. Just drive."

They arrived at the cemetery. Kathleen didn't like the location because it was where her mother was buried. Her mother deserved to live a long and lovely life. Even though it's been years, she just can't face the truth.

Kathleen and Max paid a visit to Billy's grave. She genuinely cared about the young kid and wanted to be there for her. She was often overcome with emotion every time she passed by this location, knowing that her mother was present. She dreamed that she could simply speak with her again.

Kathleen stood there watching as the girl climbed the slope. Her thoughts were telling her to go over and see her mother, but she stayed put. I'm leaning against Steve's vehicle. She was not here for Max.

" so, back at the therapist's house, wanna tell me why it's not worth it.?" Steve inquired, leaning against the automobile next to her. "I'm just wondering because Nancy is a friend and you made it sound like I wanted more."

" She's taken, what you're doing is trying to put yourself out here, and she's clearly not doing anything about it, making you look like a fool." Kathleen stated it clearly. "You're looking in the wrong direction."

"I'm not throwing myself at anything, Munson." She shook her head at the use of her surname." I'm also looking in the right direction,"

She lifted her brows slightly as she tilted her head towards him. " No, Harrington, that's not what I meant. You can't fool me, and all I'm saying is that there's more to a person than their appearance. " She murmured this as she returned her focus to Max.

Steve remained silent. He was perplexed as to what she meant. Time passed and Max remained in the same position. She's clearly taking her time.

" All right, it's been long enough." He says as he starts to walk up the hill.

" Steve, just give her some time." Lucas hissed, clearly wanting to help the girl.

" I have, all right?" Steve replied. " I'm calling it. She wants to get a lawyer, she can."

" Max. Time to giddy up, yeah? Max! Max!" Steve yelled, appearing to be attempting to wake her up. Kathleen became terrified when her heart stopped. It was starting.

" Max! Wake up! Come on, wake up!" He yelled and returned his attention to the group. " Go get 'em! Call Nancy and Robin! Go!"

Dustin dashed over to his radio, while Lucas and Kathleen dashed over to Max and Steve. Kathleen covered her lips when she saw Max; she was terrified, horrified, and perplexed. Why is the young girl not awake? Kathleen can't afford to lose her.

Dustin reappeared, after what seemed like an eternity, with Max's Walkman and other cassettes. " What's her favorite song?" Dustin asked. " Robin said if she listens... It's too much to explain now. What's her favorite song?"

They rushed through the cassettes before eventually holding one up. " It's right here! Got it!" Lucas exclaimed. He handed it over to Steve as they put the headphones onto her head.

They all sat there, waiting, hoping for her to just open her eyes. Until Max suddenly lifted into the air, Kathleen fell back into Steve who fell towards the ground in shock.

" Max! " She shouted out, still reeling from the horror of it all. " Sweetheart, you just came back to us," she replied, doing anything to make her feel better. Even if she was physically floating, she had to be okay. Kathleen could only envision the same thing happening to Chrissy, and she was desperate to ensure that Max didn't have the same fate.

Everything seemed useless. She didn't believe it was working until Max fell to the ground and into Lucas' arms.

"I'm still... I'm still here."

Kathleen smiled in relief as she sat on the ground, softly holding onto the girl's hand as Max sighed as she closed in on Lucas. Just reassuring herself that Max was still alive and well.

_________________
Author's notes

No notes for this chapter.

Shout out to my favourite people.norasnetflix RuffieRoseStories arsvenal kiesluverr KleeAlise11 andorss

Well that's all from me. I hope to see you in the next update