𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦

↣ 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘓𝘢𝘬𝘦

Kathleen smiled cheerfully alongside Robin as they strolled behind the group

Kathleen smiled cheerfully alongside Robin as they strolled behind the group. " So, now that we've discovered we might be saving the world, do we have time to discuss our future?" Kathleen inquired, playfully bumping her.

"You want to talk about our future right now." Robin inquired, her gaze drawn to her girlfriend, who shrugged slightly.

"The other day, when we were talking outside the school hall, I just wanted to continue that conversation." Kathleen commented as she observed the others conversing among themselves.

Robin began to be concerned about the future, wondering what might possible be there to discuss. "I never really consider the future, not because I don't want to talk about it. It's just that what if we never make it out of here and I don't get to tell you that-" she was interrupted mid-sentence when Dustin spoke up.

"Something's happening. I think we're getting close." Dustin called out. Eddie quickly put an arm out in front of him.

"Watch your step, big guy." Eddie said, they all noticed lover's lake right in front of them and Dustin was about to walk right in it.

"Oh man." Steve rolled his eyes. Stopping behind them. "You gotta be shitting me."

"I thought these woods were familiar."Eddie sighed, standing next to his cousin.

"lover's lake." Robin said.

"This is confounding." Dustin commented.

"There's a gate in lover's lake?" Max inquired.

"Whenever the Demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening." Nancy said. "Maybe Vecna's the same way."

"Yeah, only one way to find out."

Eddie assisted Kathleen into the boat, and she smiled at him as she seated. The others joined them on the boat. Dustin trailed behind them, but Eddie abruptly halted him. "Hey, hey, hey, you trying to sink us? This thing holds three people tops, okay?" Eddie said.

"It's better this way, okay? You guys stay here with Max."

"Keep an eye out for trouble." Nancy said.

"You keep an eye out." Dustin mocked. "It's my goddamn theory."

"You heard Nance." Robin warned.

"Who put her in charge." Dustin questioned.

"I did." Robin proudly responded.

"Compass."

Before leaping in, Steve shoved the boat into the water. Dustin looked at them betrayed. "You said three."

"Sorry" he said quietly, with a shrug.

"Bedtime at nine, kiddos." Robin shouted, waving at them. "Miss you already!"

Kathleen watched the water, she sat there watching the water move against the boat. Moving away from the water's edge. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down. Slow down, guys." Nancy ordered.

"Guys, what's going on?" Dustin voice asked through the walkie-talkie. "Come on, talk to me."

Robin picked up the device. "Uh, Dustin, your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital "aah!"

The compass started to go crazy. Steve suddenly jumped up and began putting his shoes off. Everyone turned to look at him.
"Steve, what are you doing?"

"Somebody's gotta go down and check this out. Unless one of you three can top bring a Hawkins High swim co-captain  and a certified lifeguard for three years, then...It's gotta be me. No complaints, all right?"

"Hey, I'm not complaining." Eddie mumbled. "I do not wanna go down there."

Steve started to pull his shirt off. That action cause Eddie to look him up and down. Kathleen and Robin both glanced at each other with a small smile spread across their faces.

"Hey. Good luck." Eddie replied. He passed Steve a flashlight that he had wrapped in a plastic bag.

Steve dived into the water. Leaving them all sitting In silence.

"Where we at, Wheeler?" Robin asked, looking over at Nancy who was concentrating.

"Closing in on a minute."

"Okay."

"Come on, Steve, Come on." Nancy muttered.

The water suddenly splashed, Steve rushed up towards the boat, and everyone backed aside. "I found it." Steve gasped, gripping onto the boat tightly. " I found it. Yeah. I found it."

Robin grabbed the walkie-talkie as she started to inform the others. "Dustin, you are a goddamn Einstein. Steve found the gate." She commented, but nothing was said.

"It's pretty wild. It's more a snack-size gate than the mama gate, but still, it's pretty damn big."Steve explained. He went to pull himself up before he was quickly pulled down into the water.

"Steve?" Robin questioned, Steve resurfaced only to be pulled back down immediately. It went quite.

"Steve!"

Nancy quickly stood up, as she jumped  in herself. Everyone quickly panicked. Kathleen stood up, Robin and Eddie immediately began to shout at her. "Come on guys, we've got to go help them. Besides, I'm not going to let him die." Kathleen stated before diving in herself. She is ready to go wherever to support her friends.

_________________
Author's notes

No Notes for this chapter.

Shout out to my favourite people.norasnetflix RuffieRoseStories arsvenal kiesluverr KleeAlise11 andorss

Well that's all from me. I hope to see you in the next updat