𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘚𝘪𝘹

↣ 𝘜𝘱𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘋𝘰𝘸𝘯

Kathleen kept her balance as she entered the upside-down universe

Kathleen kept her balance as she entered the upside-down universe. She'd only seen the mind flyer before, so this was an entirely new experience for her. She whirled back to see Steve on the ground, surrounded by bat-like monsters. She noticed Nancy fighting off the bats.

She took up an oar and began to fight off the bats herself as she got closer. "Ugly thing!" she exclaimed as she smacked another. Another one was going her way, but it was deflected by Robin.

"Kill it! Kill it!" Eddie yelled, moving his cousin out of the way as he hit another another one.

When the bats began to quiet down, Kathleen turned around to witness Steve finish off one of the bats. "I've always wanted to become a vampire." Kathleen chuckled as she spotted bats covering the gate. "Well there goes our way home."

"Uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?" Robin spoke up, everyone turned to her before looking back at Steve. "It's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear. And I think we should get you to a doctor soon because once symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead." She says, Kathleen grabbed onto the girl's hand as she tried to calm her down a bit.

Eddie stepped in front of Kathleen and Robin as they all saw more Bats approach the gate. "All right. There's not that many. We can take 'em." Steve said, standing up as if he was ready to fight once again.

They turned around as they heard a shriek from above. More bats were approaching them. "Steve, never speak another word until we're in the clear." Kathleen mumbled. They all started racing away from the gate since it was too unsafe for them to stay there any longer.

They all made it to Skull-rock and sat beneath it, trying to catch their breath. The bats shrieked, echoing throughout the surrounding area.

"Oh... okay. That was close." Robin breathed out.

"Yeah." Eddie agreed, as he leaned against the rock. "Too close."

Kathleen turned over and saw Steve leaning against the rock, apparently injured. Nancy rushed to his rescue and sat him down so she could treat his injuries. "I think you look even more dashing Steve, the scares make you look even more handsome." she stated as she walked up to Eddie.

"Who would have guessed that were in this series of twisted events?" Eddie said, looking at his cousin, who simply shrugged in return.

"I try not to think about it that much." she said.

They stood there watching Robin kneel besides Steve. "So the good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a symptom of rabies. But if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling aggressive, like you wanna punch me, let me know." Robin started to ramble again.

"Robin."

"Yeah."

"I kinda wanna punch you."

Robin only laughed in response to his words. "Sense of humor's still intact. That's a good sign." She moved away from them to join Eddie and Kathleen.

"Steve has a sense of humour, this is the first time I've heard of this." Kathleen and Eddie laughed together, and Robin smiled at them. A familiar feeling arose inside her, causing her to feel a specific way. But she decided to ignore that bugging feeling for now.

Kathleen gazed at the vines and only just saw that they were moving as Eddie began to climb a rock and look out over the woodland area. She took a careful step back, not wanting to step on anything.

"So,uh,this place is like Hawkins, but with monsters and nasty shit?" Eddie asked.

"Pretty much."

"Wait, watch out for the vines." Nancy warned, they all watched as Eddie was exploring the area, practically in his own little world. "It's all a hive mind."

"It's all a what?"

"All the creepy crawlies around here. They're, like, one or something." Steve replied. "Step on a vine, you're stepping on a bat, you're stepping on Vecna." Eddie quickly scrambled down from the rock.

"But everything from our world is still here, right? Except people?" Robin asked, turning around as she looked at Nancy for answers.

"As far as I understand it, yeah." Nancy nodded in response.

"So, theoretically,we could go to the police station and steal guns and grenades and whatever we need to blow up those bat things that are guarding the gate."

"I highly doubt the Hawkins PD has grenades, Robin. But guns, yeah, sure." Steve responded sarcastically, but Nancy was slightly more convinced.

"Well, we don't have to go all the way downtown for guns." Nancy says, looking at the group. "I have guns in my bedroom."

"You, Nancy Wheeler, have guns, plural, in your bedroom?" Eddie asked, looking the girl up and down in surprise.

"Full of surprises, isn't she?" Robin responded, with a slight shrug.

"A Russian Makarov and a revolver." Nancy explained.

"Yeah, you almost shot me with that one."

"You almost deserved it."

Eddie witnessed the exchange of stares between the two before hurling his jacket at the boy.

"For your modesty, dude." Kathleen grinned as she saw Steve pull Eddie's jacket over his shoulders. Steve merely stared at him, shocked, ready to say something as the ground began to quake.

Kathleen collided with Robin, who collided with Eddie as the ground began to quake. Eddie cradled both of the girls and held them close to him. The ground finally settled while monsters raged in the background, settling as much as they could.

"So guns seem like a pretty good idea to me." Eddie said, the others fixing themselves.

"Move." Kathleen pushed Eddie slightly forwards as they began to go forwards.

_________________
Author's notes

No Notes for this chapter.

Shout out to my favourite people.norasnetflix RuffieRoseStories arsvenal kiesluverr KleeAlise11 andorss

Well that's all from me. I hope to see you in the next update