Chapter 1 - Bumped

Isabella's POV

I was staring out the window seeing the landscape passing by, lost in my own thoughts, trying to ignore whatever my mother was saying. We were heading to the country club, I was spending the weekend with my parents at their house in Bedford.
Of course, knowing my mother this wasn't a simple day golfing and drinking, she arranged a blind date with some family friend's son. Gosh this is so archaic, can you imagine her reaction when I said I liked women? She still doesn't believe this is a real thing so every opportunity she has she tries to throw some guy on me, which is tiring so whenever I can I escape.
That's what I'm doing now, as soon as they got distracted talking to this boy I ran. This sounds childish I know but what was I supposed to do? I didn't want to spend my day listening to a rich boy talk about himself all day or make nasty comments about how men own women.

While I was running through the golf courses I bumped into someone.
"I'm so sorry" I said to the person I almost knocked down
"It's okay darling" as I heard this deep sexy voice I looked up staring at the most beautiful coffee colored eyes I've ever seen. I got back to reality when I heard her again.
"Are you okay?" She asked.
She was a beautiful brunette, her hair was tied up in a bun with a few strands loose molding her face, 'so beautiful' was the only thing I could think.
"Y-yes, I'm okay, I was running away from my parents and... I'm sorry again" I chuckled nervously. She raised an eyebrow smiling. She looked familiar but I didn't know where from.
"Running away from your parents huh?"
I was certain I was blushing, why in the world I said that? So embarrassing.
"Yeah they arranged me a blind date" I said rolling my eyes "So I sneaked out haha"
She raised an eyebrow again and then asked me "Well since you're hiding, would you like to join me? I was gonna play golf but one of my friends bailed out"
"Sure" I answered
"I'm Catherine by the way" she said taking off a white glove and reaching out, what a beautiful name I thought. "I'm sorry I'm Isabella" I said shaking her hand. What's wrong with me, where are my manners? Her hand was warm, it felt good, mine are always cold. "Well nice to meet you Isabella" Wow the way my name sounded when she said it..."Nice to meet you Catherine" I said and we headed to the golf course. 

Since I left my golf bag as I ran Catherine let me borrow one of her golf clubs. She was playing first and I was a few steps behind her waiting my turn, she was preparing to hit the ball, her posture was perfect. I should be paying attention on the game but I got I little distracted by her stunning legs, she was wearing a short sports skirt that she paired with a black T-shirt and on her head she was wearing a visor to block out the sun. I snapped back to reality when I heard someone talking to me "It's your turn" It was Catherine walking in my direction, it felt like it was in slow motion, she was a little sweaty with a grin on her face, she made a few points. She is good! I've been playing since I was a kid but never found it interesting, well until now. She handed me the ball and walked a few steps behind me. I took a few shots, I was a bit nervous knowing she was watching me but I managed to make a few points too."Very good!!" I heard her saying as I walked back, "why thank you, you were very impressive yourself" I said, I was definitely blushing. As we walked back to the golf cart I looked at my phone, it's been almost two hours, wow time passed fast, we stopped and I looked into those beautiful eyes again, they were magnetic, a few seconds passed but it felt like minutes "I should get back before they send a search party after me" I said and she laughed, oh her laugh was exquisite "Thank you for the game" I said feeling something, it was excitement mixed with... sadness?  as if I didn't want to leave her, what's going on with me today? I shook off that thought and focused on her again "Thank you for joining me" she said with a soft smile, I was still staring at those eyes when someone called her. So I guess it's time to go back. We said goodbye and I started to look for my parents, I bet they're angry. I took a deep breath when I saw them coming towards me. This is going to be a long drive back home. But all I could think was that women I met today, I wondered if I would see her again.

CurtirComentar