Chapter 2 - We met again

Catherine's POV

This week I was so busy, I didn't have any movies to shoot but there were events I had to attend, and I just finalized the divorce. I was coordinating the kids schedules, school, travels, which holidays they would spend with Michael plus any additional day he wanted with them that wasn't in the schedule, I still had some boxes to unpack, and I moved to my new house almost two years ago. I needed some time to unwind so I called my friends to go to the club and play some golf. It was great to pause everything for a moment.

I was moving some books to my study and remembering yesterday at the club, it was quite a unexpected day, I met a girl, well was more like she almost knocked me down, she was running away like she was a little kid. I ended playing golf with her, it's been ages since I had a light day having fun, it was great. Ugh I finally finished unpacking and organizing all the books.

                                                                1 week later

I was driving, it helped clear my thoughts, I got in the car, turned on some music and it's just me singing, no worries, at least for a moment. I arrived at the county club, I needed to get away from the frenzy that the divorce announcement caused and here was the only place that no one would bother me.

I was relaxing in a chair at the bar lounge, reading my book, feeling the warmth of the sun in my face, I missed that, I love the snow but you can't play golf outdoor in the winter. Minutes later I was glimpsing the golf courses when I saw that girl again, her name was Isabella, she was playing with some old men. After a few minutes she walked to the bar area, she saw me too and I smiled, she waved and smiled back, I closed my book and walked in her direction.

"We met again"

"Hello Catherine" she said

"Not running away today I see" I said playfully

"No, but I wish I could" she said laughing

"I'm accompanying my father and his friends, boring work stuff; what about you?"

"I guess I'm running too" I said sighing

"Well what do you say about a rematch?" She asked

"I'd love to"

We grabbed our stuff and headed to the golf course.

She was playing first this time, she's a good player. Two hours went by and we were still playing, she's very competitive and so am I so we forgot everything else. She's also very funny, I had a great time.

"Now that was fun" I said as we took a break, deciding what to do next.

"It was, we should do this again" she said taking off a few strands of hair that were on her face, I couldn't help but notice how a beautiful woman she is. I guess today was a sunny one, cause I started feeling the heat, we better get off the sun.

"What about lunch?" She asked

"Sure"

We gathered our things and went to the club restaurant.

We sat facing each other, we picked up the menu and read the choices in silence. I ordered a salad and grilled chicken with a glass of wine, she ordered a hamburger with a drink.

"So what do you do?" I asked while we waited for our food.

"I just graduated in veterinary;

I'm 21" she said laughing, she must've seen my confusion expression. She's so young

"but I'm working in my dad's company, he wants me to take over once he retires even though I keep saying that I don't want to"

"And what do you want to do?" I asked.

"I want to work with horses, they're my passion, I actually wanna open a clinic. I want to pave my own path but he just don't listen he's just like my mother"

"That's impressive, but can't you say no?"

"No we made a deal, he wanted me to go to business college, I wanted veterinary so he said if I work with him for a few years he'd let me choose what I wanted to study" "with him is all business"

"I see"

"What about you?" She asked

"I'm an actress"

"Really? That's cool"

"What movies are you on?"

"Uh I did Zorro, Ocean's 12..."

"Wait! you're Catherine Zeta-Jones" She said suddenly

"I am" I said laughing

"I remember watching Zorro when I was a kid but didn't remembered the characters but Ocean's 12 is one of my favorites movies" "Sorry I didn't recognized you"

"Your hair was very different"

"That's okay" I said smiling

"I thought you looked familiar" she said

I was staring into her eyes, beautiful green eyes as she was speaking.

"Well now I have to watch your movies"

"Oh no" I said and we laughed

Our food arrived and we ate in silence. By the time the dessert arrived we were laughing about some joke she said, she was easy to talk to.

My phone started ringing and I excused myself picking it up, it was my daughter letting me know she and her brother were coming home, they were spending the day with their father.

"Okay darling I'll be home soon" we turned off

"I'm sorry it was my daughter"

"You have kids? No way you're too young to have kids!" She said, her comment made me laugh

"Ha you're funny. No I'm 46"

"Well you look great" I smiled

"And what about you, do you have siblings?" I asked

"I have a big brother. He's always traveling though, he didn't wanted to work with dad too" She said laughing. I smiled

We finished eating, I wanted to stay there, keep talking but I had to go, we were walking to pick our things in the locker when she turned to me and said

"Uh, I have a horse competition tomorrow, I'll be jumping, if you're not doing anything and want to go watch...it'll be at 14 pm, you can bring anyone you want"

"That's very nice" I said seeing her blushing, she's cute. She wrote me the address and other information I needed and we said goodbye. As I drove back home I looked at my face in the rearview mirror, I was smiling.