Chapter 16 - In the arms of love

Isabella's POV

I was driving with Catherine to my family chalet in Vermont for the weekend, I arranged a get away for us, specially for Catherine, she was quite stressed with work and her ex because of thanksgiving. She was excited when I told her my idea. It was a 5 hours drive, winter had started and all the trees were covered in a white mantle, the air was chili and everything looked peaceful. I love this time of year and I love road trips, having Catherine by my side made it even better.

She had just finished speaking with her kids and was now resting her hand on my thigh. I couldn't wait to spend the weekend with her, we've been busy and really missed each other.

We were listening to music, sometimes Catherine hummed a song or even sang some lyrics. This had become one of my favorite things.

We arrived there by lunch time, she seemed lost in her thoughts, she didn't even noticed that the car stopped, I put my hand in her thigh squeezing it gently letting her know we had arrived.

I got out taking our two small bags and opening the car door for Catherine then we headed inside the chalet.

"Oh I loved the decor" She said as I gave her a tour ending at the bedroom where I left the bags and we decided to go out for lunch. The restaurant was the closest to the chalet, it was a 30 minutes drive, we were hungry because we decided not to stop so we could arrive sooner but the food was amazing and it was very private.

When we got back I lit the fireplace letting the warmth embrace us. We made our way to the couch, I was looking for something on tv but Catherine had other things in mind.

She started kissing my neck teasingly, her lips felt like feather touching my skin but was enough to set my body on fire.

It was dinner time now and we were starving. We went to the kitchen, I was chopping the garlic for the cheese fondue, Catherine had helped me grating the cheese and slicing the bread, she was now sitting at the counter wearing a shirt showing off her delicious legs and drinking my glass of wine, she looked hot, I needed a lot of strength to ignore that or I wouldn't finish our dinner. The meat and the broccoli were ready, a few more minutes and dinner was served. I also prepared a chocolate fondue for dessert that we opted to eat in the living room.

After we ate we stayed there on the couch relaxing, I was on Catherine's lap, the cracking sound of the fireplace was the only sound in the room, I was looking into her warm eyes, my hands were playing with her soft ebony hair, her hands were resting on my hips, stroking my sides lightly, keeping me in place. A place I never wanted to leave.

I took a strand of hair that was on her face putting it behind her ear, softly caressing her cheeks along the way, her eyes closing on my touch. This amazing and beautiful woman became the most important person in my life, I wanted to take care of her, protect her, love her. That moment everything felt right, like we belong there in each other's arms, and I couldn't hold it back anymore, I looked into her beautiful eyes,

"I love you Catherine" I said and tensed up, I have said those words now and didn't know what would be Catherine's reaction. My heart was pounding so fast. One of her hands went from my hips to my face making me look into her eyes again, I didn't even noticed I had looked away, her eyes softened and the corners of her mouth curled up a touch.

"I love you too". When she said that I felt like my whole body was melting.

....

It was morning already but we didn't want to get up, the bed was so warm and cozy, Catherine was looking at the snow falling out of the window and I was kissing her shoulder. After saying I love her and she saying it back I felt lighter, I've never said that before, I had had relationships in the past of course but nothing serious, it didn't lasted longer than two or three months. This was different, I loved this woman.

Later as we were walking in the snow, which I'm not sure was the best idea, we ended up slipping and falling in the snow, well I fell in the snow and Catherine fell on top of me, it was freezing but we had a few laughs. When we got back inside she went to the kitchen to make us hot chocolate while I filled the bathtub. I lit some candles and added a lavender and vanilla body wash and bath soaks, once there was enough foam and bubbles I turned the water off. Of course I had to add rose petals for a romantic touch. Everything was ready when Catherine showed up with two glasses of wine and strawberries with melted chocolate.

"I thought this would fit better"

"Perfect"

"This looks amazing honey" She said with a velvety voice. I couldn't wait to get in this tub.

We took off our clothes and let the hot water embrace us. Catherine was resting her back on my chest and I was kissing her neck while her hands were laying on my legs.

"Thank you for this amazing weekend my love".

....

I spend Christmas with my family after my parents apologized for their behavior, I was still hurt but decided to give them a chance. Luckily I'd spent New Year's Eve with Catherine and the kids and I was counting the days for that