Chapter 8 - Melting

Catherine's POV

I was in England for the first shooting of my new movie, oh it was so good to be back. I'm so happy to do this movie, it has a special place in my heart. I'm already missing my kids, I speak with them everyday but still miss them, I'd be here shooting for five days so I'll be home soon. I arrived at the first location, the cast was already there, most of them were the british old guard of movie industry. We shot the first scene I was in  and it all went great.

Friday

I was back at the hotel, I couldn't wait to take a warm bath and go to bed, today's shooting was exhausting, we had to do multiple takes. After the bath, skincare and body lotion routine I was ready to sleep, I called my kids to give them goodnight and I sent a message to Isa but she didn't replied, next week I'd be in Manhattan and I wanted to see her. She did replied in the morning saying she would see me on Wednesday. 

On saturday the scene I shot was short so by lunch I was free for the day, I called my friend, she lived in the neighbour town and we met for lunch.

....

It's been a busy week, I got back from England on Monday, I spent every second I could with my kids, they would be leaving for summer break soon. Today I was in Manhattan. I was at the hotel room reviewing some scripts my agent sent before the event I'd be attending and later I'd meet Isa for lunch.

When I arrived at the restaurant Isa was already there, I was a little late because I got stuck with the press after the event ended. We soon ordered and the food didn't take long to arrive. While we were eating Isa received a call, she ignored it but I could see she got really upset.

"Is everything okay darling?" I asked.

"What? Oh I'm sorry, yeah I'm fine Cath"

I reached her hand across the table and she looked at me.

"You can talk to me if you want" I didn't want to push it but I was worried. And she told me what happened with her parents. I was in shock, how can parents do this to their child? This sweet, talented girl that deserves everything good in the world. My heart sank. But I did felt something else when she mentioned she likes women, it was like when you have butterflies on your stomach. But she's so young she'd never be with someone my age and... wait, what? Where did this came from?

"Catherine?"

"Yes" I almost jumped from my seat.

"Are you okay? You look distant"

"Oh I'm fine sweetie" I said. Our hands were still touching. It felt good.

When we finished eating we decided to walk, a few minutes went by when I saw one of my favorite places in Manhattan and I took her hand in mine.

"Come with me, let's get ice cream!"

I got chocolate, I love everything chocolate, and she got peppermint with chocolate chips.

"Ice cream melts down any worries!" I said. She nodded smiling. That smile melts me down.

....

On friday I went to my daughter dance presentation, I was so proud of my little girl. On Tuesday I invited my friends over to lunch, I think it's been a year since I saw them, I also invited Isa, since I had lunch with her I can't stop thinking about her, how I feel atracted to her, I was confused because I only dated man in my life but I'm sure I feel something, and I think about kissing her. I don't think she feels the same though, she may like women but I don't think she'd like an older woman. Spent the day with my friends was great. it was so fun, I love having friends over, there's always music, laugh, dance and lots of food. When they left I asked Isabella to stay.