Chapter 13 - I can't help

Isabella's POV

Last week I asked Catherine if she wanted to be officially my girlfriend after she was back from one of her trips and she said yes. Any time we can we spend the weekend together, me in Bedford or Catherine in Manhattan. 

Catherine and I were in her living room sitting on the couch having some wine after dinner, just relaxing and chatting, the room was dark except for the lights of the side table lamp and scented candles. Catherine was looking for something to watch, I had my playlist on in the meantime. When I heard this music playing I got up, Catherine looked at me confused, I extended my hand to her and when she took it I pulled her making her stand up too, I spun her around bringing her to my arms, making her laugh. I put one hand on her waist and the other I interlaced with hers, her free hand touching my neck

"Wise man say

Only fools rush in"

She smiled and I held her closer, we were dancing slowly in the middle of the living room,

"Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be"

Her hands moved to rest on my shoulders and mine to holding her waist tightly.

We were looking in each other eyes, it was like there were only us on earth in that moment

"Take my hand

Take my whole life, too

For I can't help falling in love with you"

We closed our eyes pressing our foreheads together, still moving to the song. After a while we just stayed there in our embrace, the best place in the world.

....

We decided that it was time to tell her kids about us. I was so nervous they're the most important part of Catherine's life and I wanted them to like me. It went well, they understood that their mom was dating someone since their father was too. They still had to adjust to the idea of their mom dating another woman though but for our surprise they were okay with me. I met them officially, Catherine invited me for lunch and we spent the afternoon playing monopoly together. They asked me a lot of questions about horses when Catherine mentioned my work and the baby horse she met which I found super cute.

....

As summer break began Dylan and Carys left with Michael and Catherine was feeling down, I can see how much she loves her kids and misses them when they're not around. I was planning something to cheer her up, it would be a surprise, I had everything ready and went to pick her up.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked me

"It's a surprise, I'm not supposed to tell you darling." She was finding my struggle amusing. I'm anxious so it's hard for me keeping my mouth shut when it comes to surprises.

She laughed making me smile, her laugh was one of my favorite sounds, it was so unique and captivating, it was also cute.

I was taking her to a lavender farm in Calverton, it was a two hours drive by the bay. July was the perfect time to go cause it all would be blooming. When we arrived there It was better than I had imagined, fields and fields of lavender, bees and butterflies, the sweet floral smell in the air, it was amazing.

"Oh Isa this is beautiful" Catherine said as we walked in the fields, it became even more beautiful with her in it, it was like a painting. I took my camera out of the bag and snapped a few shots of the flowers, the animals and of course I had to take a picture of Catherine.

We finished our tour and went to their store, they had lavender honey, tea, oils, soaps and many amazing products, we left with a lot of bags, I was already thinking of my things I could do with them.

After we left we looked for a place to lunch, we found a charming restaurant by the bay.

We set in a outdoor table enjoying this beautiful summer day.

"Honey I'm going to Wales next week to visit my family" Catherine said beaming

"That's great babe, it's been long since you last saw them?"

"It's been almost a year, after my separation we spent a lot of time together but this year has been so busy, but I call them everyday." Ugh that reminded me, I'm still not talking to mine.

"And I want you to come with me, what do you say?"

"To meet your parents?" She nodded. Now I was nervous.

"But what if they don't like me?"

"They will adore you sweetheart" she said taking my hand and interlacing with hers.

"Will you go with me?" She asked doing almost a puppy face, how could I say no to this woman?

I was going to Catherine's hometown and meeting her parents, I was excited and nervous.