Chapter 22 - Teen crush

Isabella's POV

I looked at the window to the beautiful sunset reflecting on the skyline that I love. I was laying on the couch listening to my playlist while I finished some paperwork, I've been playing Miley's new album since it came out, she's my favorite singer, actually at least she's in my top two cause Catherine became my favorite. I know it's not the coolest program for a Friday night but I wasn't in the mood to go out and Catherine was in LA with the kids to visit their grandfather, Michael's dad, despite the divorce her ex-father-in-law asked her to don't stop seeing him because of his stupid son, his words she said, for what she tells me he seems to be a great man, anyway I can't wait for her to come back cause I miss her a lot. She've been really busy this month shooting and promoting her work, we've barely seen each other since our trip to Canada but we've been face timing a lot.

I took a picture of the sunset and sent it to her, she texted me back and let me know they'd be arriving on Monday, that lifted my mood a bit.

I tapped the last few schedules on my notebook and closed it stretching my arms above my head, it was dinner time already but I wasn't hungry so I went to my art room to finish a painting. Doing art is my way to decompress from my day to day stress. I've been painting for hours and when I looked at my phone it was midnight. I just took a shower and went to bed. I rested my head on the pillow missing Catherine's warm body by my side. I always had trouble sleeping until I started sleeping with Catherine, holding her in my arms.

Despite going to bed late I woke up early, but I stayed almost an hour in bed though, scrolling on my Instagram. When I finally got up and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I reached my hand to grab my toothbrush and smiled looking at Catherine's toothbrush. I love how she leaves small things around my place that reminds me of her.

After that I did my morning yoga and was making breakfast when my phone started ringing, I finished scrambling the eggs turning off the stove and ran to pick up. I looked at the screen and smiled, my heartbeat accelerated, it was like that every time I saw her or heard her voice.

"Good morning darling" She said with her husky voice plus her accent, it gets heavy in the morning and that drives me crazy.

"Hey good morning gorgeous"

"Did I woke you?"

"No I've been up for a while"

"I miss you baby"

"I miss you too, will you come here when you get back?"

"Sure, I can't wait to kiss you"

"Oh you can't imagine the things I want to do with you" I said teasingly but she didn't said anything.

"Cath?"

"Sorry I needed a minute to process what you said, now I'm going to spend the whole weekend thinking about it Isa" She whined making me laugh.

"That's the intention"

"You're so mean, just wait till I'm back I'm getting my revenge"

"I can't wait. How are the kids?"

"Oh they're having a lot of fun with Papi, let me tell you something he has a lot of energy for a guy his age" She said and we both laughed.

"What are you doing now?"

"I'm still in my pajamas pondering if I'll go to the pool later"

"Hmm looks like a pretty view" I said and she chuckled.