Chapter 4 - New York minute

Catherine's POV

I was on Instagram, I don't spend much time on it, it can be very stressful but sometimes I like to check what's going on and a notification caught my attention

I was on Instagram, I don't spend much time on it, it can be very stressful but sometimes I like to check what's going on  and a notification caught my attention

I smiled. I was curious to look up her profile but it was a private account so I sent a follow request. A few minutes later I was following her.

I was scrolling through the pictures when one made me curious

Oh this must be her brother, they look alike.

Friday

It's 6 am, I'm sitting in the kitchen waiting for my coffee to get ready I like to make it in my french press, I can't barely function before my morning coffee. I love the quiet in the mornings before everyone wakes up, it's like a time for myself, I already took my dog to his morning walk.

Today I'm going to Manhattan, I have some meetings, yesterday I called Isabella to let her know when I was going to be there and we sep up to lunch together.

By 8 o'clock I was eating my breakfast, the usual for colder days, my oatmeal porridge with some fruits and a little bit of brown sugar.

After I finished breakfast I got changed, grabbed my purse and my car keys, I was ready to go.

                                                                                                ....

I finished my meetings and was now leaving the subway station, Isabella would meet me here and we'd go to the restaurant. As soon I walked outside I saw her, it was a bit cold today and she was wearing a cream sweater with jeans and black boots, she looked cute.

We decided to walk to the restaurant we were going, we walked and did some small conversation, I talked about the funny thing my dog did a few days ago, she laughed, she said I could call her Isa, she said Isabella was to serious, I nodded, Isa is cute as she is.

At the restaurant

We sat on our table and made our orders, now we were talking while waiting for the food.

"So Isa, how's life?"

"I'm volunteering at a horse clinic in Bedford two days a week now" she said with a broad smile

"That's great! how's going so far?"

"I'm learning so much and it's been so fun"

"You know, I love horse riding, I did it a lot last summer, I haven't ridden since I moved. I miss it"

"We should ride together some time"

I nodded smiling

"What about you, are you filming any movie?" She asked

"No, not at the moment, but I'm working on a personal project, I'm thinking of creating my own brand"

"Wow that's awesome" she said making me smile.

Our food arrived and we ate in silence but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. Some time later we finished eating and were just chatting.

"Are you doing something after here?" She asked me

"No, I have the afternoon free before I get back to Bedford"

"Cool, I just discovered this art exhibit, do you want to come see it with me?"

"Yes I'd love to"

We paid our restaurant bill and left. We went to a Picasso exhibit at the  MoMa, It was amazing!

Time flew by, I had such a great time, I didn't had that for a while, I feel like my life staring to get back on track after Michael, I was still hurt but moving on, I was going out with friends again. My thoughts were interrupted by a sweet voice calling me

"Are you okay? You were distant" Isabella asked with a worried look

"Oh darling I'm fine" I said and she nodded

"I'd love to stay here but I have to go back to work" She said, I wanted her to stay more too but I also had to go.

We said goodbye and hugged, that felt nice. I was already in the car going back to Bedford. What a great day.