Chapter 10 - Firsts

Catherine's POV

I heard Isabella playing something on the piano and we ended up playing together. The melody filled the air as we moved our hands in perfect synchrony, the feeling of having her so close was getting too much, when the music stopped it was an absolute silence except our breathing, we faced each other, the only thing I could think at that moment was that I wanted to kiss her, I felt like a magnetic force was pushing me to her, I was frozen in place awakening only when I felt her lips on mine, my heart skipped a beat, I couldn't believe what was happening, that felt good, then suddenly she stopped, I could see panic crossed her eyes for a second and she started apologizing, I didn't let her finish and kissed her back. Here I thought we were gonna be friends then suddenly I had all these feelings that I couldn't ignore anymore. Kissing her was a bliss, everything about her was attracting me, her soft lips, her sweet smell and her hands on my neck. I could kiss her all day but we were interrupted.

She had left hours ago and I was still thinking about what happened earlier. What does all that mean? What we're gonna do? There are things that are complicated, this is all kind of new. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing, I looked at the screen, it was Isabella, my heart jumped and I took a deep breath before picking up. She asked me on a date.

Wednesday

I was nervous and excited, I wanted to see her so badly after our kiss but it's been ages since I went on a date, a first date.

The hours seemed to pass slowly, after I put my kids in bed and said goodnight I started to get ready. I chose a one shoulder draped white midi dress, I did my hair up and for the makeup I did my signature smokey eyes and for the lips pinkish nude, I put on my perfume and was putting on my heels when she texted me saying she was arriving. I took one more look at the mirror making sure everything was in place and went downstairs. I passed by Rita and gave her all the instructions about the kids.

"Don't worry Ms. Jones and have fun!" She said smiling

"Thank you Rita" I said smiling back.

When I closed the door Isa got out of her car and my mouth dropped.

Oh she was gorgeous, I bit my lip walking towards her.

"You look beautiful" she said with her eyes sparkling

"Thank you darling, so do you"

She opened the door for me, I thanked her and got in, after she got in too I gave her a little peck on her lips. On the way we chatted a little.

When we arrived at the restaurant, I was amazed, it was on the rooftop of a hotel, I could see the beautiful New York skyline with all the shining lights, the table was isolated and beautifully set, it was very intimate, there were other people there but felt like it was just the two of us.