Chapter 20 - Change of hearts

Isabella's POV

On Thursday night Catherine and I went to a her friend's party, we had a great time and I met some of her friends, but we rapidly made to the news front page. They've found out my identity. Catherine and I were sort of relieved that we no longer had to hide our relationship but I still had to deal with my family, my father obviously was out of himself, but my mother surprisingly was on my side.

"Robert, she's our only daughter, have you forgotten how devastated we were all those months without hearing from her?" My mother tried to reason with him. It seemed like they have had some kind of shock reality after I stopped talking to them.

"What about our family legacy, our reputation?" He asked

"Does it matters more than your own family?" I didn't know if my mothers heart changed that much or it was the fact that I was dating a famous person.

"I need some time to think" He said then he left the room, locking himself in his study as always.

....

Catherine came to Manhattan today for some meetings and was coming to dinner.

The doorbell rang before I could finish setting the table and I ran to open the door.

"Hi" I said smiling and pulling Catherine inside hugging her.

"Hi honey" She said smiling and cupping my face with her hands kissing me.

"Come I was just finishing setting the table, I already ordered our dinner"

Catherine put her purse on the couch and followed me to the balcony. I put the wine glasses on the table and lit the candles.

"This is perfect Isa" She said looking at the night sky and city lights and locking our hands together.

"So how it went with your parents?" She asked me caressing my face with her free hand.

"Not as bad as I expected but I haven't heard from my father yet"

"Oh honey" She said bringing me in for a much needed hug.

"I'm so sorry"

"Don't be" I said stepping an inch back and looking into her eyes.

"I love you"

"I love you too my sweet girl" She said and we stayed there for a while in our embrace admiring the nightly view of New York.

After dinner we sat on the couch in an intention to watch something but we started making out instead, which is way better. I lowered my lips to her delicious neck kissing it before she took me to the bedroom. I sat on the edge of the bed waiting for her, she straddled my lap and my hands immediately went to her thighs gripping it and we resumed our kiss. I moved my hands to her pants waistband to unzip it when my phone rang. It was from the clinic, they needed a surgery authorization form for one of the pets and the night shift girl responsible for it had to leave early.

"I'm going to shower" Catherine whispered in my ear and got up.

"I'll be right in " I said and she winked at me. I typed the informations I needed on my notebook then I hung up and started making the forms. I finished it faster than usual, this time I had a gorgeous woman in my shower waiting for me. As soon as I sent it I took off my clothes and sneaked in the bathroom, she was washing her hair with her back facing the door, I entered the box and slid my arms around her waist, she jumped at first but then she relaxed in my embrace.

"What took you so long?"

....

My brother came to Manhattan last week and we had lunch together, he said he wanted me to meet someone, I was really excited he usually is more reserved when it comes to dating. I met his girlfriend Alice, she was great and we quickly bonded.

....

A few months later.

I opened my eyes feeling the warmth of our bodies, I was resting my chin on her shoulder, my arms wrapped on her slim waist and our hands interlaced. I looked at the clock and it was still early, it was Sunday morning, Catherine's birthday. I dipped my nose on her hair smelling it and held her tighter, she started waking up and I planted a kiss on her shoulder.

"Good morning beautiful" I said and she shuffled turning around facing me. She looked at me with her beautiful coffee eyes and smiled.

"Good morning my love"

"Happy birthday" I said and she buried her head on my neck, it was cute.

"One year older" She whined in my neck then looked at me again.

"One year sexier" I said making her smile.

"What time is it?"

"It's early, we have some time before everyone is awake" I said moving so I was on top of her.

"So, what do you want to do today?" I asked.

"I'm feeling like golfing today, what do you say?"

"Anything for you my queen" I said leaning down so I could kiss her.

We all had breakfast and spent the morning together then her kids left for their dance and theater lessons and Catherine and I went to the golf club.

I made a reservation at Catherine's favorite restaurant for dinner, after we played and had lunch at the club I got back home to get ready and I'd meet them at the restaurant

I was so happy to be celebrating the life of such a special person. Dylan and Carys sang for Catherine and she loved their surprise, the night couldn't have ended in a better way.