Chapter 21 - Christmas in the air

Catherine's POV

Oh my favorite time of year is just around the corner, I started decorating my house as soon as December arrived and you could already see the white mantle of snow outside.

On Sunday I drove to Manhattan to see Isa, it seems like we are always busier at the end of the year, we could barely make time to each other last month.

Isa made hot cocoa for us and we spent the day cozy under the blankets watching Harry Potter, I love the saga so much that every year I dress up as Harry for Halloween. She still had some work to finish at the clinic but once everything was done she'd come to Bedford to spend Christmas and New Year with me and my family.

....

We woke up together, it was late in the morning but I stayed in bed, it was so warm, it'd be better with Isa in here but she got up mumbling something about baking, I was still sleepy so she gave me a kiss and went downstairs. I got up about a hour later, I tied my hair up and put on a robe and went looking for her. I was following the lovely christmasy smell that was filling the air coming from the kitchen.

"Good morning darling" I said entering the kitchen.

"Good morning my sleeping beauty" She smiled at me putting a tray in the oven.

"What are you doing?" I asked kissing her cheek.

"Gingerbreads"

"Hmm they smell so good"

"Would you like to help me decorate them?"

"Oh you know I'm not so good with this"

"Please" She gave me the puppy eyes look that I couldn't resist.

"Okay" I said smiling at her excitement.

I put on a playlist and started singing along with the song around the kitchen.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Everywhere you go

Take a look at the five and ten, it's glistening once again

With candy canes and silver lanes that glow"

Isa grabbed my hand pulling me in for a dance, we held each other dancing to the song until the oven ringed letting us know the cookies were ready.

Carys and Dylan came down and joined us for Christmas cookies decoration.

Saturday

I was getting everything ready for Christmas Eve dinner, the table was settled and I finished some last minute decorations. It was all perfect. I passed through the living room checking my flower arrangements and went upstairs to get ready. Isa was already in the shower and I joined her.

I applied the last layer of mascara and looked at the mirror to make sure I was ready. I chose a red dress knees length and my hair down.

"Oh you look gorgeous" Isa said behind me sliding her hands on my waist and kissing my neck before starting doing her makeup.

I sprayed my perfume and went downstairs to let her finish getting ready.

My family had arrived and shortly after Isa and the kids joined us. We all gathered in the living room drinking and talking while waiting for dinner.

It's Christmas morning, I looked out the window to the snow falling down then I looked at Isa, she was sleeping peacefully with her head on my chest, that moment felt so perfect that I sighed happily.

I was caressing her hair when she started waking up, she held me tighter and looked up.

"Hey beautiful" She said sleepy.

"Good morning princess"

"Merry Christmas Cath"

"Merry Christmas my love"

After breakfast we went to the living room to open the presents we didn't opened yesterday. Carys and Dylan were excited and we sat on the sofa watching them unwrapping their presents enjoying the warmth of the fireplace.

Tuesday

First time playing with my new clubs that Isa got me for Christmas, I went to the club with her and my brothers while my parents stayed home with the kids.

....

January

The year began on full, after my family went back to Wales we went our farm in Canada before my kids began school. I had a surprise for Isa and couldn't wait to show her.

We arrived there in the morning and went inside to get settled and warm, I showed Isa the house and went to check on the surprise while Dylan and Carys went to show the lake to her. I made sure everything was okay then I went to meet them, they were throwing rocks at the lake and laughing when Carys rocky sank right away and she made a really cute upset face before she started laughing with them, I smiled at that beautiful moment.

"My loves go get changed lunch is almost ready"

"Okay mom" They said in unison and went back racing to the house making me laugh.

"Come honey I want to show you something" I said holding her hand and taking her to the barn. I opened it and let her enter first.

"Dolce!" She said looking at the new horse in the stall.

"So it was you who adopted him"

"Yeah I couldn't resist" I said then showed her the other horses.

After we got back to New York I started filming a new project, I was so excited to be working with these amazing people.