Chapter 12 - Love and caffeine

Catherine's POV

I had just arrived from my last trip for the movie shooting, it was early in the morning, the house was so quiet, my kids were at school and my dog didn't even noticed I had arrived, I laughed, he's always sleeping or ignoring everything around him. When I looked at the center table in the entrance hall there were beautiful flowers. I let my bags down and went to check it.

I opened the card, it was from Isa. I smiled reading it, I was like a teenager.

"Welcome back beautiful, I miss you! xo"

I called her right after

"Hey gorgeous" She said with a cute sleepy voice

"Hello honey; Did I wake you?"

"Yeah" She said yawning

"You'll pay me later for this" She added making me laugh

"I'll keep that in mind; Thank you for the flowers honey, that was so sweet, they're beautiful!"

"You're welcome babe; How was your flight?".

"It was good; I miss you" I said

"I miss you too; Come here, we can go out or stay in bed all day, wherever you want".

"Hmm that sounds good; I have some things to get in order now but I can make it for lunch".

"Okay Cath, I can't wait to see you"

"Soon pretty girl"

....

I arrived at her apartment earlier and as soon as the door opened we had our hands on each other. I held her in my arms before we had our mouths together.

She was making pasta, I'm always amazed with the dishes she makes, this one surprised me, I could taste the rich flavors of the cheese but it had a sweet touch of honey.

After lunch we went to the living room, I picked a movie and we cuddled on the couch. I enjoyed times like this when I can have a normal day and just unwind. Now I was resting my head on her legs and she was caressing my hair. I fell asleep for a few hours and when I woke it was late in the afternoon.

"Hey" Isa said with her hand gently stroking my hair, I still had my head on her legs.

"Hmm I fell asleep" I said looking at her beautiful smile as she nodded.

We went out and had dinner at a cozy restaurant near Isa's place then we walked for a bit before getting back. Our walk was lovely but I wanted to kiss those sweet lips and show how much I missed her.

....

I woke up slowly opening my eyes embracing the warmth between us, my breasts were touching her bare back and my arm wrapped tightly on her waist. I took a deep breath smelling our perfumes blended together, planting a soft kiss on her shoulder. I looked out the window, it was a cold morning, the sky was whiteish grey, the perfect weather to stay in bed, soon I fell sleep again. I opened my eyes almost two hours later and Isa was facing me, our arms and lags interlaced.

"Good morning sleeping beauty" She said making me smile

"Good morning my darling"

Isa got up and was making me coffee, the air was filled with fresh brewed coffee, I took a deep breath inhaling that rich scent, I'm a coffee affictionatto. She emerged from the kitchen handing me a cup, I kissed her thanking her. I looked down at the cup and my heart melted, she made a heart with milk, I usually drink my coffee black but this was the sweetest thing.

We woke up late so we ordered lunch and went to take a shower. We finished washing ourselves quickly so I started kissing her neck, my hands began trailing down her body when the intercom ringed, damn, our food had arrived. I whined in frustration.

"Later babe" she said chuckling and kissing my cheek. She got out of the shower wearing a bathrobe and handing me a towel. While she was picking up our lunch I went to her room to get changed, I didn't brought spare clothes so I borrowed hers. I was in her closet, I pulled a pair of sweatpants and a tight shirt, I brought them to my nose, they smelled like her, I caught myself smiling. I put them on and made my way to the kitchen, she was setting the table.

"Here let me help honey" I said so she could get changed.

"Thanks Cath, I'll be right back"

We ate quietly and enjoyed our last moments together before I had to go back to Bedford.

....

After my last trip of shooting for my new movie Dad's Army Isa made me a surprise, she took me to a picnic at Prospect Park, it wasn't so crowded like Central Park so we could eat and relax and wouldn't be bothered. We sat on a blanket in the shadow under a great tree, it was a sunny day, after we ate Isa was laid down resting her head on my lap reading a book and I was playing with her hair, suddenly she closed the book getting up and looking at me, I was about to ask if she was okay when she got me off the guard kissing me which I quickly responded, we took our time tasting each other's lips, pressing them together feeling the softness of her lips kissing of mine before we parted taking a breath. I licked my lips and put a loose hair that was on her face behind her ear then stared into her beautiful green eyes.

"Cath?" She said almost whispering

"Yes darling?"

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" She said looking at me tenderly. She wanted me to be her girlfriend, I didn't knew what to think other than I was head over heels about this beautiful sweet girl and despite all my insecurities I wanted this.

"I'd love to" I answered in a whisper kissing her, this time my tongue meeting hers, calmly interlaced like a waltz. This was all kind of new but I was excited to see what the future brings to us.