Chapter 6 - A place in my heart

Catherine's POV

Last night I went to Isabella's birthday party at a jazz pub. She would pick me up and I couldn't decide what to wear and after almost an hour I was ready, I didn't had much time to think about a present so I went with flowers, I saw a picture of sunflowers on her Instagram, I guessed she likes them, I also added other flowers that would match perfectly and ordered a bouquet. I met some of her friends, they were nice, I had a great evening and I can't believe I saw a horse being born, it was such a beautiful experience.

After breakfast I was on Instagram and saw that she had posted a story.

Isabella was the one who delivered the foal, she was amazing, I was getting more and more impressed with this girl, then she let me name the baby horse, he was such a little cutie

                                                                       1 week later

Isa invited me to a dinner at her place she said she was going to cook for me to compensate for her birthday dinner ending at a stall even though I reassured her that I enjoyed the evening, but I was happy with the invitation and excited to go, I really enjoy her company. I had a busy week, I just got a new movie project, it's in early production yet but there's meetings with the cast, script reading and all the craft that I love but I was free on Thursday.

....

I arrived at her apartment in Manhattan, my heart was accelerated even though I took the lift, I ringed the doorbell, after a few seconds she opened, Isa looked lovely, she was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. She gave me the brightest smile inviting me in.

I was in her living room looking out the window, the view was beautiful, I love the ny skyline, something was in the oven in the kitchen, it smelled amazing. I sat on the sofa looking at the center table, there was a vase with white roses, some art and photography books and a small sketch book.

"Do you draw?" I asked her

"Yes I do, it's just a hobby though" She said

"Can I?" I said lifting her sketch book

"Sure" She said going back to the kitchen when the oven timer ringed.

I opened it going through the pages, there were amazing drawings of horses, flowers, buildings, as I flipped to the next page I gasped, It was me. I looked up and saw her coming

"Oh I forgot this one" she said almost in a whisper, she was blushing.

"Isa this is beautiful" I said mesmerized, I was stunned by the details of the drawing. She smiled sweetly and I felt my heart racing again.

After I finished seeing the sketch book she gave me a tour of her apartment and we ended up back in the living room, talking about music, our favorite places in New York and anything that would come in mind, despite the age difference we had a lot in common and it felt like we knew each other for ages.

Soon dinner was ready and it was delicious, she was really good in the kitchen, another hobby she said. This girl was talented, funny and she was very... pretty. I got lost in my thoughts while we were talking, I enjoy very much spending time with her and I was starting to get confused, I was feeling something different... "Catherine?"

"Huh?"

"Are you okay? You looked distant"

"Oh, I'm okay darling, I'm just a little bit tired, I should get going, it's getting late"

"Yes, sure, I lost track of time",

"Are you ok to drive, do you want me to drive you home?" She said with a worried expression

"No it's fine, but thank you dear, and thank you for the great evening" I said, I didn't really want to leave but I needed to put my head in order.

"It was my pleasure" she said smiling sweetly.

We said goodbye as she escorted me to my car, she waved I smiled waving back and starting the car. In a hour I was home.

I got ready for the evening and went to give my kids goodnight. I laid on the sofa with a glass of wine, I was staring at the ceiling with all those thoughts running in my mind. I suddenly have those feelings I wasn't expecting. I didn't felt like this for a long time, I was nervous, all of this was so complicated. This girl that had a place in my mind now have a place in my heart.

....