Chapter 17 - Next chapter

Catherine's POV

We were at the chalet, siting on the sofa by the fireplace and she looked so beautiful, the fire was casting a golden light on her, I was getting hot, I didn't know if it was the heat of the fire or her. I started kissing her neck lightly then more intensely, she pulled me to her mouth sliding her tongue with mine. I let her take the lead while my hands went down to her waist below her sweater, my hands caressing her soft skin that I was craving to kiss before I pulled the sweater off of her.

We were laying on the sofa enjoying the fireplace ablaze, our legs tangled, Isa was resting her head on my chest when our stomachs started growling. We didn't notice how much time had passed, we were a little busy with each other. We got up putting something on and went straight to the kitchen. Isa started making us dinner, I love to see her cooking, she moved around the kitchen with such grace, she made her hair up in a bun and was wearing only her sweater, damn this girl looks hot in every way. The cheese fondue she made was delicious, with wine it was perfect for this cold weather, the chocolate one though, that was sublime. We ate dessert in the living room by the fire and were now enjoying the peaceful evening.

Isa was sitting on my lap playing with my hair, I was lost into her beautiful green eyes when I felt her hand touching my face lightly like a whisper, I closed my eyes and when I opened them she was looking at me passionately, she looked like she wanted to say something but was pondering, then she said what I was longing to say

"I love you"

"I love you too" I said with my heart pounding.

I didn't imagined that my life would take such turns and I'd end up here and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

....

I woke with birds chirping outside the window, I felt Isa breath on the back of my neck and her arms around my waist, warmth embracing us. I remained there enjoying the moment for a few minutes then she started to wake up, holding me tighter.

"Morning my queen" she whispered kissing my shoulder.

I turned around to face her.

"Good morning my love" I said kissing her cheek and burying my face on her neck, we stayed in bed for a while before getting up.

After lunch we decided to take a walk outside and ended up with our ass flat in the snow, when we got back Isa fixed us a bath, the perfect way to end the trip.

....

Today was New Year's Eve and my family came all the way from Wales so we could spend the turn of the year together. Isa was also here, this was a special year, she showed me that I could fall in love again, she helped heal my broken heart, we both had so much change in our lives and we were brought together and for that I'm thankful. I was eager to see what's next.

The house was loud, there was music, laugh, kids running around, just how I love. We had dinner and were all gathered to wait for the countdown.

"10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1... Happy New Year!!!"

I held Isa closer and we kissed.

"Happy New Year my love" I said when we parted.

"Happy New Year Cath" She said with the most loving eyes.

....

January 2016

I just arrived in London for the Dad's Army premiere, a car was already expecting me to drive me to the hotel.

I opened my room door putting my things in place and I called my kids letting them know I arrived safe and would be back soon.

I had a great time with the cast on set they're the old guard of British cinema it was a privilege to work with them.

I had about three hours until the premiere, I laid my blue dress on the bed and entered the bathroom to take a shower, I let the hot water ran down my body relaxing my nerves. I had my glam on and my hair done, I slipped in the dress and put on a pair of silver heels. I just had finished with the jewelry when Isa called me.

"Hello sweetheart" I said excited to hear her voice.

"Hello gorgeous, are you busy? It's your premiere tonight right?!"

"It's okay honey I just finished getting ready"

"Oh let me see, you must look gorgeous" I smiled and changed to video call.

"How do I look?" I said enjoying her reaction, her mouth had dropped all the way and she was practically eating me with her eyes"

"Catherine you look so beautiful...and HOT" I smiled

"I wish you were here with me" I said

"Me too kitten" I smiled at the nickname she gave me a few weeks ago.

We finished our call because the premiere was starting, we don't notice time pass when we're talking to each other. The car was awaiting at the hotel, I got in and arrived there in a short time. I had a wonderful evening and was very nostalgic.

The next day I went out to lunch with my lifelong friend who lives in London before I got back home. We were catching up and updating our lives.

"Now tell me Cathy how have you been with everything that happened in those last three years, how are the kids?"

"I'm getting better, some days were worse than others but I'm hanging on and the kids are fine, we managed our schedules making sure our kids are happy as much as possible"

"Are you still in touch?"

"Only the necessary regarding the kids"

"How's single life going?"

"Well I've been focused entirely on my kids and then work but..."

"What? Oh have you met someone?"

"Yes, but I wasn't looking for anything it just happened"

"Oh that's exciting, he's good looking? Please tell me he's a tall handsome young man"

"Anna beauty isn't all that matters" she rolled her eyes and I laughed

"But, she's certainly beautiful" I said smirking

She had shock written on her face I had to hold a laugh at the sight.

"Oh you go girl" she said after a few seconds smiling.

"Tell me about her" She added.

"She's gorgeous and so talented"

"Hmm" she said smirking at me.

"Not that, your dirty mind!" I slapped her arm jokingly

"Well she's that talented too" I complemented smirking.

"She's smart and so passionate about her work, she's sweet and..."

"Girl you're sound like you're in love"

"I am"

"I'm so happy for you sweetie"

After hours chatting we said goodbye and I went back to the hotel to pack. I couldn't wait to get home hug my babies and see Isa.

Catherine at Dad's Army Premiere