Ch:11 Taken

Chapter 11

Taken

"Peter, Peter, Peter!" I turned around just when Lucy skidded to a halt in front of me. My hands shot forward to steady her even when she somehow managed to avoid falling.

"What happened Lu?" I asked my little sister. It was night time and I was about to go back in my room.

"Pete, I need your help." She said in a worried voice. "I want to send Mummy and Daddy on a trip of whole of Narnia."

I looked at her, not understanding what she was saying. "Why? They have already seen Narnia."

She growled and then took a few breaths, trying to calm herself. It was useless act since she opened her eyes and hissed. "You and Edmund are both hopeless. Leave it. I will plan it when Su comes."

With that she stomped away. I could not resist the smile that came to my face. Lucy looked so adorable all the time but she looked especially cute when she was angry at her brothers or so Edmund said. She looked adorable to me all the time. Then, I sighed. It was still not easy for me to think of my sister, Susan, all alone in the shadowlands. Even after drifting away from Narnia, she had always lived up to her title of 'Gentle'. In the shadowlands, there were many people who could exploit this virtue of hers. I could just hope that she lives her life happily and make it here after death.

I turned back and made my way to my room. It had been two days since my talk with Aslan on the cliff and today he had summoned Dad and me. He had said that time to send Edmund to Tash was coming near and we should tell him and Mum and Lu everything. When I had suggested that Aslan tell Edmund, just so that it is easier for him to accept the truth, Aslan said it would be better for him to hear it from family. Thus it was how that now Dad and I both were going to our room to face broken hopes. Dad volunteered to tell this to Mum, who once calmed would be pursued to tell Lucy, and I was to break this news to Edmund.

The night before the last, I entered my room to find two beds there. Edmund had invaded my room just as he had done in the Golden Age for which I was glad. Edmund, I do not know how, had sensed that I wanted him near me and so had been kind enough to shift all his belongings to my room.

I took several deep breaths and forced the sob down my throat before slowly opening the door. It would not be good for Edmund to see me so broken. I had to be strong, for his sake. He was standing in the balcony, dressed in his nightclothes. I had ordered Martil and Silvo to not come to our rooms tonight and they had followed the order. It was clear since Edmund was wearing my night clothes, which were a bit too loose on him, a fact which would have thrown our kind valets into frenzy. I quietly went and stood beside him. His eyes were closed and his face was turned towards the beautiful night sky.

"It is so good here." Edmund breathed and his content smile broke my heart.

I knew it would not be good to beat around the bush with Edmund so I straightforward said, "Eddie, there is something I want to talk about."

Edmund, no doubt, noticed the seriousness in my voice and frowning, led me inside the room.

"Hmm?" He prompted.

"Tash has made a claim on your soul." Though the frown on Edmund's forehead deepened he said, "But that doesn't mean anything. Aslan can deal with him, right?"

One look at me and his hopes shattered. He swayed on the spot and I immediately steadied him.

"What's going on?" He whispered to me.

I took a deep breath and told Edmund everything I knew, my eyes never leaving his and my hands never leaving his shoulder. He was silent while I told him everything and his silence continued even after I had finished.