Epilogue

Epilogue I

There are many who talk about the calm before the storm but seldom does anyone speak about the calm after the storm. That, mostly, is because there is no tranquility after the tempest.

It could have been days months or years and no one could have told the difference.

This victory celebration was unlike any. There was the joy of winning but no sorrow of lost comrades subdued the happiness.

Lost comrades...

Glancing to my left, I could see Lucy happily talking to Dryad, apparently reeling from one topic to other so quickly that it left Tirrian piteously clueless of what they were conversing about.

Caspian stood in a circle of friends, one of his arms around his wife, the other on his son's shoulder. Another woman stood beside Rillian who was apparently his wife. The circle of friends included Glenstorm, Ginnabrik, Trufflehunter and Reepicheep among other.

Oreius and Kanell were engrossed in a serious conversation with some other Centaurs.

Swanwhite was talking to Velma who was tightly holding hands with Sarah and the man who lead Charn's army. I still did not know his name.

However, the one person who mattered the most to me was restored to his rightful place.

He stood at my right just as had done in every battle, every procession, every meeting, every funeral, every celebration and every single day in the Throne Room of Cair Paravel.

Edmund stood at my right ogling, even though he would object to the use of the said word, Swanwhite while still keeping a watchful eye on Scarlett who was looking at him a bit too innocently.

Feeling my stare he looked at me questioningly.

I raised my eyebrow and was about to nod my head towards the Queen of Narnia when he spoke.

"You know Peter, you can't really pull off this expression," he said in his matter-of-fact voice. "Susan could do that. She would raise one perfect eyebrow and give me the Edmund-what-are-you-wearing looking. Her other eyebrow would remain as it is. However, when you do that, both your eyebrows go up and disappear behind your bangs. Doesn't have the desired effect at all."

I blinked once.

Yes, Edmund was back.

And the glowing smile on Aslan's face was answer enough.

My brother was not going anywhere ever again.

()()()()()(())()()()()

[A/N]: Many authors describe how nostalgic moment it was when they finally finished their first story but in all honestly, I have only one thing on my mind: "Good riddance!"

Okay, this was short but hey! This is an epilogue.

So, I decided, I'll end the story here. On 26th, I'll post a one-shot about a scene that happens later in their life in Aslan's country but it'll be all fluff.

This story is now officially complete. And, yeah, what do you all think of the banner that I made for this story? It's on the top!

-ZQ