Ch: 24 Fear, Love and Rage (Part: 1)

A/N: So, I said I wouldn't update until June but then I saw the number of votes I have. I have 1000 VOTES on this story! I am too, too happy for words so, as a thank you, I'm posting this chapter. I can still remember the day when this story had 999 views and I was eagerly waiting for it to turn into 1000. Now, I have 1000 votes and nearly 50000 views!

So, a shout out to OanaTanasoiu who was the 1000th voter and also to all the people who had filled in the 999 placed before the mile stone.

Now, excuse me while I go and do a happy dance. Hope you all enjoy the chapter and do let me know what you thought!

Chapter 24

Fear, Love and Rage (Part: 1)

Some people believe that there are only three basic emotions one can feel.

Fear, love and rage.

These three are the driving force behind any action one takes. These three are in themselves sufficient to sustain each other. Each can fuel the other two. They form an endless cycle to keep each other existing. All the emotions are in essence made up of fear, love and rage in different proportion.

A man can live his entire life fueled only by these three.

All my life, be it in shadowlands or be it in here, everything I haD ever done, my motivation was, in the end, one or more of these three.

I ruled the way I did because I loved my people and my family that always stood by my side.

I fought the battles the way I did because my heart raged against anyone who was my people or my family's enemy.

I worried and pondered because I feared for my people and my family's well-being.

At this moment, as I stood against my enemies, side by side with my friends, I had all three burning within me, urging me on. They were like three different reserves of fuel and energy waiting to explode and fill me up with their reasons and motivations, asking me why I had not yet really begun the battle.

Behind me, two of the mightiest armies of all the worlds stood; ready to tear apart the enemy at my single command. All the three emotions were ready to be unleashed at a moment's notice.

My eyes, however, remained glued to the scene unfolding in front of me. Tash now stood towering over even the giants of his army. His army was in chaos and he absorbed power from that chaos, that panic. It only made him stronger. He practically inhaled the emotions of his followers and then with a mad glint in his eyes he opened his beaks and let out a massive screech.

Never had I ever heard a sound as repulsive as that. Imagine nails scratching a blackboard. It was like that but a thousand times worse. Every single hair on my body stood up straight for a moment. My ears were protesting and it looked like someone was slowly but painfully slicing my brain with a blunt knife. It was all I could do not to fall to the ground withering in pain with my hands on my ears.

It was a sound meant to bring us to our knees and fill our hearts with nothing but fear and despair.

Miraculously though, after the first initial pain, it had a completely opposite effect. Just as I saw Edmund fall down screaming in pain with his hands covering his ears across the field from me, the fear within me unleashed its drive. Almost like a whisper, it told me to kill, to rip apart anyone who hurt my loved ones.

I was scared for my brother's well being in that moment and that fear within me made me give the signal to the people who stood behind me. In a single moment the battle cry of two armies rang out and the ground shook as Narnians and people of Charn merged into a Tsunami of destruction reaching out towards the soldiers and warriors of Tash.