Ch:1 Arrival (Part 1) : Lucy, Eustace and Jill

[A/N: I had forgot to tell you that I am setting my story in elecktrum's universe. This story follow through all her stories except the last on "And so the end begins". She is a writer on fanfiction.net. You should read her stories, not to understand mine - I will try to explain whichever point I use so that those who haven't read her stories can understand them - but because her stories are simply Awesome. Also thanks to my Beta reader/editor. You are great Nil]

Chapter 1

Arrival: Part 1 – Lucy, Eustace and Jill

THE NEXT DAY

I stretched, yawned, rubbed my eyes and turned over, immediately regretting doing the last one as it dumped me on the floor. I became wide awake when my back hit the hard and cold floor. I looked over to Edmund's bed to make sure that he had not seen me falling; otherwise he would tease me until the end of my life. He was pretty good at giving sarcastic and funny comments on everything and they could make mere trifles the funniest thing to laugh at.

When I looked over I saw his bed was empty. The sheets were thrown to one side as if he had hurriedly left the bed. The bathroom door was also slightly ajar showing he wasn't in there either. I got curious. Picking up the dial from the bedside table, I looked at the time. My eyes nearly fell out of my sockets when I saw that the dial said it was 11:30 in the morning. I immediately jumped up and got ready.

I was pretty sure Ed would have gone to pick up Lucy alone. As I descended down the stairs, I braced myself to be subjected to the wrath of Lucy Pevensie. I have been glared and yelled at by Lucy only once or twice before and I dreaded those moments. It was not because she was angry or dangerous - Lucy can never look dangerous even if she tried - but because it was very much difficult to stop myself from laughing.

As I reached the bottom of the steps, another thought darted through my mind: What am I going to eat today? Edmund had a huge appetite and he could even force Lucy to stuff herself when he wanted. Sometimes when we got into an argument, he would get up before me and he and Lucy would finish up everything before I got there.

The thought of once having to eat the previous night's leftover made me quicken my pace. I was pretty sure that if they had already eaten then they would have spared me only the things they didn't like.

When I entered the dining room, one look at the food on the table confirmed my doubt. But for the sake of heaven's mercy, they had spared me an omelet too. I went over there and quickly attacked my food, my hunger catching up with me.

Edmund and Lucy were playing chess and they were so engrossed in the game that they hadn't even noticed me entering the room. I took full advantage of it and shoveled as much food down my throat as I could before Lucy noticed me and got angry.

For a few minutes I ate my food quietly. Then a thought came to my mind and I asked Edmund, "Ed, why didn't you wake me up in the morning while Mummy and Dad were leaving and to go and pick up Lucy?"

Without even looking up from the game he said, "I did try but you wouldn't wake up. Mum told me to spare myself the hemorrhage I was possibly about to get. Dad said you and he were talking late into the night at and said to go and pick Lucy from the station myself..." He trailed off as his attention drifted back to the game.