Epilogue: A New Beginning on the Horizon

Dreams are strange things. No one knows what they are or why we see them. From nightmares to daydreams, they come in many forms and have only one thing in common. They are all elusive.

Yet, they are a powerful force. A drive none but who dreams can experience.

Why they come? What are they? How?

We have no answers. All we have is a fact: We all dream.

Some dreams are sweet and we wake well rested and with a smile from them. Others, are so horrifying, our screams become our wake up call. Those short dreams, mostly sensations of falling, that give us a mini-heart-attack. Some say dreams are echoes, of what we are. Reflected in them are our aspirations, motivations, fear and sometimes, a glimpse of our future.

Whether we fight to get away from our past fears, work to attain our aspiration or strive to reach that future, dreams have a big role in giving us that final push.

Sleep is a pure blank. It's the dream that makes them something far more than a state.

But in the end dreams are just that, dreams. Nothing more.

They are not our reality.

Reality is harsh. Reality is sweet. Reality is what is the now and here.

What we do everyday, to live everyday is the reality. Our past is the past. Our future is the future. Reality is now. It is the thing that has formed from our past and it is the thing that is molding our future. It is in our control and it is what we work with. It is firm, it is real and it is not at all elusive.

Whether we fight to get away from our past fears, work to attain our aspiration or strive to reach that future, reality is the field we work in.

The most blissful time, however, is that sweet state of oblivion where we are neither awake nor asleep. The time before waking but after a full night's rest. And that is the place where I was.

Hanging in between the soft caressing place where reality and dreams merge and our heaven is created, it was quite. Not the oppressive and heavy silence of a hot summer afternoon where everything is quite because no one can bear to hear or make a sound. No, it was the quite of a pre-dawn spring when the cicadas have stopped crying and owl has stopped hooting but the birds had not yet started chirping. It was the quite where no one made a noise because the silence was serene.

It was a place where I could stay forever.

However when one starts thinking, this bliss is shattered and reality grasps us with the day waiting ahead for us. Just as it was shattered for me. But what greeted me on the other side of this quiet, suspended bliss was more beautiful than any dream could ever be.

Aslan, in all his majestic glory, more beautiful than human eyes were capable of comprehending, stood before me. It felt like we were in a world where no one existed except us. Yet, there was a sense of expectation. The Universe waited with baited breath for the verdict and so did I, though I had no idea what was the verdict I was waiting for.

I looked up from His feet into His eyes and I could see my life.

Everything, right from the moment I was born, I remembered. From every victorious battle to every time I wriggled my finger as a toddler in my mother's arm, every memory came rushing back to me. Memories of embarrassment and pride intermingled to give way to moments of hate and love. Everything was one yet everything was clear.