Ch: 16 King's Pond (Part 1)

Dedicated to Olyesa123660 for her lovely feedbacks and the really sweet message she sent me, asking me to update. 

[A\N: I'm truly sorry for the long delay in posting this chapter. I know whatever excuse I make will be insufficient for the lack of update for two years. But I apologise and say that I have been revising this story. The revision's complete and I hope to finish this story within this month. 

* The incident marked with the asterisk in the chapter can be read in detail in my other Narnia fic that I have posted here titled, "An Old Friend" 

Enough with my rant. I hope you enjoy this chapter and do leave feedback and votes if you like it. Thank you. :) ] 

Chapter 16 

King's Pond (Part 1) 

Now that the battle rush had set in, any kind of delay was frustrating. So, to say I was not pleased when Aslan postponed our departure another two days, was an understatement. However, Aslan's wish had to be respected. He must have his own reasons.  

What was bothering me now was waiting. We had absolutely nothing to do in these two days. The packing were complete. Everything was in order. Nothing was left to do and I was getting restless. Apparantly, my pacing in the room was a bit of a bother to my valet. So, I was politely thrown out of my room by the two fauns.  

Dear little Lucy could also take only so much from me. For the first hour, she put up with me easily. Another hour of increasing frustrations and the Valiant Queen had shut the doors of her chamber on my back. Oreius, once he saw me practising as vigorously as I was, banned me from the training yard except in the morning.  

I went to Mum and Dad but they were already anxious to see their children going to war. They did not need my anxiousness on top of their own. Therefore, I left them in the gardens. Peace, quite and the scent of Narnian flowers were what they needed.  

What I needed to calm myself down was, however, still a mystery to me. I had been walking around in the castle for good two hours before Caspian caught up with me. 

"High King Peter," He dipped his head, knowing that if he bowed I would most likely chop his head off, as Edmund had threatened.  

"Caspian," I smiled, "It's good to see you. Is there anything that you wished to speak to me about?" 

"Actually, there is," He said and his voice turned a bit serious. "I have been informed, by underhand means, that some people are conspiring against you." 

"Conspiring?" I asked shocked. Great! That was all we needed now. People turning against each other. How did we even stand a chance to win if our own people were conspiring and plotting against us? But how could there be a traitor in Aslan's country? I looked at Caspian's serious face and encouraged him to go on. 

"It has come to my knowledge that your valets, Queen Lucy, General Oreius and several others have planned to tie you down to a chair if you don't stop walking about the castle like a ghost. Besides, the workers who were involved in the construction of Cair Paravel are worried that you will pace a hole in the floors." 

I sighed exasperated. He got me worried. However, to be honest, Caspian had indeed lightened my mood. "So, what do you think I should do?" 

"My advice is that you flee the Castle on a horseback for a few hours." Caspian's serious tone had not left his voice but I could see he was trying his best to hold back a smile. "Riding is better than being tied to a chair." 

With that, he walked on away from me. He met Lilliandil at the corner of the corridor and they happily fled my company. Sighing, I turned to go to the stable. He was right. I needed to go for a ride.