chapter two

" Louis, no. I'm not going on a date with him. There is no way."

Louis was trying to get me to go out on a date with Ben. I couldn't do it because he's my friend. I don't date my friends. And besides, I'm still not over my ex-husband.

And Louis was bothering me at work. So I don't know how I'm gonna finish anything with him bothering me.

" Please? Just one date. Tonight. He really wants to." Louis says.

" Louis, I can't. I need to take care of Luke and Kaylee. Oh, that reminds me, we want to come over and see Emma." I say. I walk around the office trying to figure out who the hell I'm looking for.

Oh, the job I have is my father's old job. He sadly had a heart attack 2 years ago and died on impact. He gave Logan the company in his will, but Logan didn't want the company so he passed it down to me. And I'm stuck looking over it. But I'm not complaining because it keeps a roof over my family's heads and keeps food on the table.

" Of course you can come see Emma. As long as you go on this date with Ben." Louis says. I roll my eyes.

" Okay, so I guess we're not seeing Emma today." I say.

" What's so bad about Ben that you don't want to go on this date with him?" Louis says.

" There's nothing bad about him! I just don't want to go out with my friend! And I have a family to take care of, I can't focus on my love life." I say.

" And he can gladly take care of your family too! He loves your little ones! You need to focus on yourself a little more." Louis says.

" I'm done with this conversation." I say. I found the person I was looking for.

" Claire, can you scan this for me?" I ask handing her a piece of paper.

" Of course. I'll get it to you as fast as possible." Claire says taking the piece of paper. I walk back to my office with Louis following me. I walk into my office and sit in my desk chair. Louis sits down in the chair in front of my desk.

" Are you taking Kaylee home from preschool today?" I ask looking at my paperwork on my desk.

" No, Ben is." Louis says. I look up from my paperwork. I look at Louis to find him smirking.

" You did this on purpose." I say.

" Maybe a little." Louis says.

" Louis, I don't want to go on this date. I can't, Luke and Kaylee come before me." I say.

" Exactly. This is why Ben will help you take care of them." Louis says.

" You know I can't do this. I'm not ready for dating yet." I say.

" Millie, it's been 5 years since he's been arrested. I think it's time to get over him." Louis says.

" Lou, please don't mention him. I don't want to talk about him." I say rubbing my temples. I could feel a headache forming. It's gonna be a long day.

" Alright, I won't." Louis says raising his hands up in defense.

" Ms. Espinosa, you have a call waiting." The voice over the intercom says. I pick up my work phone and press it to my ear.

" Hello, this is Ms. Espinosa, owner of Espinosa Ads, how may I help you?" I answer.

" I love the way you answer the phone at work." A familiar voice says. I roll my eyes.

" What do you need Ben? Did you pick Kaylee up yet?" I ask. I look at Louis and he was giving me a thumbs up. I roll my eyes.

" Yes I did. Kaylee, I'm talking to mommy, say hi." Ben says.