chapter thirteen

" Lukey, can you please go get dressed? Our family should be over soon." I say.

" Can I wear my new birthday outfit?" Luke asks.

" Yes, sure. Just go put clothes on." I say. Luke runs upstairs.

Today was Luke's birthday party for my family and friends. Luke's birthday was Friday, he had a party for his friends on Saturday, and today, on Sunday, is when Luke's party is for his family. I just can't believe my baby boy is 7.

Liam and Kaylee walk into the kitchen where I am. I was standing at the counter drinking some tea. Kaylee runs to me and I pick her up. I smile at her.

" Someone is in a cheerful mood." I say.

" I party more today." Kaylee says.

" You party animal. Taking after your father." I say.

" Hey, I'm not a party animal." Liam says.

" You were." I say. Liam rolls his eyes.

" Mummy, when Baby Emma and Baby Bella come?" Kaylee asks.

" They'll be here soon, peanut." I say. Luke runs back downstairs. He runs to Liam.

" Daddy, can you do my hair?" Luke asks.

" No Lukey! Daddy do my hair!" Kaylee says. I put her on the floor and she runs in front of Luke.

" No, Kay, daddy is doing my hair." Luke says.

" No! Daddy only does my hair!" Kaylee complains. Liam picks Kaylee up and places her on his hip.

" Luke, lets make your hair look good." Liam says connecting their hands together.

" But my hair daddy?" Kaylee asks.

" I'll do both of your hair. Don't worry about it." Liam says. And with that, the three of them walk upstairs. I let out a sigh.

I look down at my phone to see I have a kik message from loverboy69. I look at my phone weird. Who is this person and why did they send me a random kik message? I haven't used kik in forever, so why contact me there? Something fishy was going on and I didn't like it.

I open the message and read it. I kinda stared at it for a while.

Whats it like without your husband again?

What the fuck is this?

I delete the message and close the app. Honestly, I'm not even gonna think about whatever that was. I hear our front door open and close with a voice following after," Hello Payne's!"

" Uncle Louis!" Luke and Kaylee yell from upstairs. I hear feet bound down the stairs and into the living room. I walk into the living room to see Luke talking to Louis and Paige and Kaylee holding Emma in her arms. Liam walks down the stairs.

" Hey, I'm not done with your hair you two. Get back upstairs." Liam says pointing up the stairs.

" But daddy! Uncle Louis and Aunt Paige is here!" Luke says.

" And Baby Emma!" Kaylee says.

" I don't care. I am not done fixing your hair." Liam says. Kaylee turns to Paige.

" I bring Baby Emma upstairs?" Kaylee asks. Paige smiles down at Kaylee.

" Yes you can. Just be careful." Paige says. Luke, Kaylee, and Liam walk back up the stairs. I look back at Louis and Paige.

" Hi guys. Whats going on?" I say.

" Still haven't told Liam anything yet?" Paige says.

" No. Because I think I want to stay with him a little longer." I say looking down at my feet.