chapter twenty

" We could do this instead."

" No, we can't. They specifically said to do this."

" They did? Let me see the instructions again."

" Ms. Espinosa, what do you think?"

" I think we need to do whatever they wanted. If they like how we did their image, they would want to come back. We need as much business as we can." I say.

" I like that. Good thinking Ms. Espinosa." Jamie says.

" So, we need to do what they want?" Alex asks.

" You got it." I say. Everyone in the meeting room nods their head.

" Alright, now that we have a good understanding, we'll get right on it." Matthew says.

" Okay good. Am I allowed to adjourn this meeting?" I say. Everyone agrees and I nod my head.

" Alright. Get onto the ad." I say. I stand up from my chair and walk out of the meeting room. I start walking towards my office.

" Ms. Espinosa, I have a question for you." Alex says. I stop and turn around to face him.

" What's the question?" I ask.

" Are you planning on going on maternity leave anytime soon?" Alex asks.

" Not really. My job comes first." I say.

" I think you should really go on maternity leave. I think it would be best." Alex says.

" Best for what? Everyone is okay with me still working while I'm pregnant." I say.

" Everyone isn't okay. We're just worried about your health." Alex says.

" Oh, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. This is my third child. I'll be okay working." I say.

" Please just be careful while working. We don't want anything to happen to baby Payne number three." Alex says.

" I promise I'll be careful." I say. I walk into my office. I go to my desk and look at my cell-phone. There was a miss call from Liam. I pick up my cell-phone and call him back. I place my phone to my ear. It rings a couple times and then he picks up.

" Millie, where are you?" Liam asks.

" I'm still at work. I still have a couple hours left. Why?" I say.

" Because you're supposed to pick me and Kaylee up for our baby's ultrasound and the appointment is in like 10 minutes." Liam says. My mouth drops.

" Wait, no. That can't be possible. I planned it for later tonight." I say searching through my phone looking for the appointment schedule.

" Well, you didn't. So get here." Liam says.

" Shit. Okay, I'm on my way. Bye Liam." I say. I quickly hang up. I grab my purse and walk out of my office. Carol looks at me weird.

" Why in such a rush?" She asks.

" I'm gonna be late to my ultrasound that I completely forgot about. I'll be back tomorrow, just tell me what we got done today, please Carol?" I say.

" No problem. Just get to your ultrasound." Carol says. I run to the elevator. I press the down button.

" Thank you so much Carol." I say.

" No problem. Tell me if its a girl or boy." Carol says. The elevator door opens.

" I will." I say. I step into the elevator and the doors close. I press the ground level button and the elevator goes down. It stops on the ground level and the doors open. I walk out of the elevator and the building. I walk through the parking lot and to my car. I unlock my car and get in. I start the car and pull out of the parking lot. I start driving home. My mission is just to get home.