chapter twenty-one

" Daddy, I gonna hit the ball so far, that no one will expect it." Luke says from the backseat.

" Will ya bud? I'm expecting it now." Liam says. Right now, all four of us are on our way to Luke's baseball game. Luke was really excited about this game because he was telling us that he's actually fielding during the game.

" Don't worry daddy, you'll see me hit it." Luke says.

" It's nice to have daddy see a game, isn't it Lukey?" I ask.

" I like when daddy comes to games." Luke says.

" I don't understand baseball. I prefer football." Liam says.

" Shut up, you old British man." I say jokingly.

" Hey, you fell in love with this old British man." Liam says. I roll my eyes.

" I love daddy even if he British." Kaylee says.

" And British daddy loves you too." Liam says.

" Is the football daddy is talking about the football we talk about?" Luke asks.

" No, he's talking about what we call soccer. British people call soccer football." I say.

" They weird." Kaylee says.

" Actually, we're the weird ones. Everyone else calls soccer football." I say.

" Look, daddy! My teammates!" Luke exclaims as we pull into the baseball park parking lot. Liam finds a parking spot and parks the car. He stops the car. We all get out of the car. We walk to the trunk and Liam opens it. Luke grabs his baseball bag as Liam grabs our yard chairs. I was about the grab the cooler when Liam stops me.

" Millie, don't pick the cooler up." Liam scolds.

" Why not?" I ask.

" Mommy, can I go with my teammates?" Luke asks. I look at him.

" Do you have your baseball bag? Do you have water?" I ask.

" Yes I do mommy. Can I go now?" Luke says.

" Yes. Please be careful." I say. Luke runs away with his baseball bag dragging behind him. I shake my head. I look at Liam." So, why can't I carry the cooler?"

" Because you're 7 months pregnant. Carrying that weight isn't good for our baby boy." Liam says.

" Then let me carry something." I say.

" No, you aren't carrying anything." Liam says. I roll my eyes.

" You can't keep treating me like I'm broken." I say grabbing Kaylee's play bag and handing it to her.

" I'm not treating you like you're broken. I'm treating you this way because you're pregnant and I don't want anything bad to happen to you or baby." Liam says grabbing the cooler and placing it on the ground. I close the trunk.

" But I don't like you treating me this way. I was doing this stuff while you were gone and I was pregnant with Kaylee." I say.

" Because you had no choice. I wasn't around back then. But now that I'm around, things will be done right." Liam says. I roll my eyes. I'm done with this conversation. We start walking to the field. We stand by the other teammates parents.

" Wow Millie! You're looking so good!" One of the moms exclaims. Her and her teenage daughter walk up to me.

" Why thank you." I say. Liam looks at me.

" I'm gonna go set up." Liam says. I nod my head. Kaylee attaches to my leg.

" How far along are you now?" She asks.