chapter five

" Kaylee, peanut, please don't run." I scold.

" Sorry mummy, but we gotta get in line!" Kaylee says dragging Ben, Luke, and I towards a waterslide.

" Yes, I understand that peanut, but we don't want to hurt ourselves running. It happens." I say.

" Oh, alright mummy." Kaylee says slowing us to a walk.

" I still wonder where she gets all this energy." Ben says.

" It's definitely not from me." I say. We get in line for one of the bigger waterslides. Luke had a look of fear on his face.

" Lukey, you okay?" I ask.

" I'm scared." Luke says.

" Scared of what munchkin?" I ask.

" The ride." Luke says.

" It not that scary Lukey!" Kaylee says.

" Why are you scared of it Luke?" Ben asks.

" I gonna die." Luke says.

" I promise its not that scary munchkin. Daddy and I rode it many times and have we died yet?" I say. Luke shakes his head shivering from not being in the water.

" See, you'll be fine. Do you want to ride with daddy so he can protect you more?" I say.

" No. I want to go with mommy." Luke says. We move up in the line.

" I promise Lukey, this ride is really fun. It's not scary at all. It just looks scary." I say.

" Can you be brave for mommy?" Ben asks Luke. Luke slowly nods his head. Kaylee wraps her arms around Luke.

" I proud of Lukey." Kaylee says.

" Lukey, I promise after this ride we can grab lunch." I say. Luke nods his head. We move up in the line. We eventually get to the front of the line. Luke looks at the big drop in the beginning with fear. I kiss his head.

" Don't worry about it Luke. Do you want daddy and Kaylee to go before us?" I say. Luke nods his head. Ben helps Kaylee get in the tube. They go on the ride and Luke looks even more scared. I make him look at me.

" Lukey, you'll do great. Mommy is here to protect you. If you are that scared just squeeze mommy's hand, okay?" I say handing him my hand. Luke nods his head. He squeezes my hand as we approach the tube.

I help get Luke in the tube and then I get in myself. I wrap my arm around Luke so he will feel more protected. He holds onto my hand like the world depended on it.

" You ready?" The lifeguard asks.

" No." Luke says.

" Yes we are." I say.

" Have fun." The lifeguard says. We go down the first big drop and Luke screams bloody-murder.

We went through the ride with Luke screaming bloody-murder and me trying to hold back my laughs. We reach the bottom and I can feel Luke shaking. I get him out of the tube and we walk to Ben and Kaylee waiting for us. Kaylee runs to Luke and throws her arms around him.

" See Lukey! It not that bad!" Kaylee says.

" I don't like it." Luke says shaking. I kiss the top of his head.

" We don't have to go on that again if you don't want to Lukey." I say. Luke nods his head and wipes at his eyes.

" Lets get dried up for lunch." Ben says. We walk back to where we put our towels. Kaylee was holding Luke's hand in front of us and I was holding Ben's hand.