chapter fifteen

I woke up to my bed bouncing up and down with children shouting.

" Mommy, wake up! It's Christmas!"

" Mummy, there's presents under tree from Santa!"

I slowly open my eyes to see Luke and Kaylee bouncing on my bed. I smile at how cute they are. I look at my phone next to the bed on the bedside table. 6:37 am.  I let out a deep sigh.

" Mommy, you need to get up!" Luke exclaims.

" I'm coming. Cupcake and I are just a little tired." I say. I ended up staying up all night because cupcake was making me vomit. Which wasn't really pretty. So, I'm really tired.

" Mummy, we open presents now?" Kaylee asks.

" Yes peanut. Just let me use the bathroom and I'll be right down. Don't open any presents until I'm down there." I say. They squeal as they jump off my bed and run out of my room. I let out another sigh. I wish I could get some sleep, but of course we have to go to my mother's house after opening the gifts.

I throw the covers off my body. I stand up and grab my phone. I walk out of my room and walk to the bathroom across the hall. I shut the door behind me. I walk to the toilet and do my business. I flush the toilet and wash my hands at the sink. I reopen the door and walk out of the bathroom. I walk downstairs and to the front room where I always put the Christmas tree. Luke and Kaylee were eagerly sitting on the ground by their different themed wrapping paper. Luke always has Christmas minion wrapping paper and Kaylee always has Christmas Disney princess wrapping paper. They both look at me as I sit down on the chair holding my phone up ready for them to start opening their gifts.

" Can we open them now mommy?" Luke asks.

" Yep. Go right a head." I say. They both grab one of their presents and ripped the wrapping paper off. I took pictures of them opening their gifts.

" Mommy! Santa gave me a Patamon stuffed animal!" Luke exclaims holding up the stuffed toy. I take a picture of him holding him up. I smile at his innocence.

" It's so cool Santa knows you like Patamon out of all of them." I say. Luke nods his head.

" Mummy! Santa get me Ariel movie!" Kaylee exclaims holding up The Little Mermaid DVD. I take a picture of her holding the DVD.

" I guess Santa knew you've always wanted to see that movie." I say.

" Santa know because he know everything!" Kaylee says. I smile at her innocence.

Luke and Kaylee ripped through all their presents showing me what 'Santa' gave them. They had a total of 7 presents for themselves and plus the candy and small toys in their stockings. Kaylee was about to open one of her Barbie's, when I stop her.

" Kaylee, don't open your presents yet." I say.

" Why not mummy?' Kaylee whines.

" Because you need to ask mommy to open your presents and plus we need to eat breakfast!" Luke says placing the Patamon stuffed animal on his head.

" Yep, Luke's right. What do you want me to make for breakfast? I can make pancakes, waffles, or French toast." I say. Luke and Kaylee look at each other and nod their head. They both look at me again.

" Pancakes!" They both exclaim. I smile.

" Do you want chocolate chip pancakes?" I ask. They both nod their heads immediately. I smile even more.

" Alright, lets hop to it." I say standing up from my chair. Luke and Kaylee stand up with me. The three of us walk into the kitchen. They sit at the table while I get everything ready for pancakes. I grabbed the pancake mix and chocolate chips. I set that by the stove. I grab the griddle, a spatula, and a bowl so I can mix the pancake batter.