chapter twenty-six

I woke up to more loud cries. I let out a groan as I sat up in my bed. I look at my phone which was charging on the table next to my bed. 6:55 my phone read. I let out another groan as Jason's cries became even louder.

" Millie, will you please quiet Jason down? I need rest for my appointment today." Liam mumbles from his side of the bed. I look at him.

" Shut the fuck up. You're not the one who dealt with him the whole night." I say. Liam didn't answer back because he fell back asleep. I roll my eyes angrily. I stand up and walk out of our room. I walk across the hall into Luke's and Jason's room. Jason's cries became louder once the door opened.

I quickly walked in and walked to his crib. I picked him up and started rocking him back and forth. I tried to quiet him so Luke can sleep a little more before I have to wake him up for school. Jason started to quiet down. I look down at him. His brown puppy eyes were staring up at me.

" What made you so fussy cupcake?" I ask. Jason just blinked his eyes at me. I roll my eyes. I look at Luke who was sleeping soundly on his bed just a couple feet away from a loud crying baby. I don't understand how Luke could sleep through all of this crying. I look back down at Jason.

" Do you want to wake up Lukey with me cupcake?" I ask. Jason just blinks his eyes.

" I'll take that as a yes." I say. I walk to Luke's bed and sit down on his bed with Jason in my arms. I switch so Jason is in my one arm and I place my open hand on Luke.

" Lukey, it's time to wake up. Your first day of second grade is here." I say. Luke stirs in his bed. But he still stays asleep. I let out a sigh.

" Come on Luke. You need to get up. Even Jason helped you wake up today. Wake up munchkin." I say. Luke rolls to his side so he can look at me.

" Do I have to mommy?" Luke asks.

" Yes you have to. Now, what do you want for breakfast?" I say.

" Can I have pancakes?" Luke asks.

" Yes you can. Now get up and go downstairs so you can eat breakfast. I'll be right there." I say. Luke nods his head as he lets out a yawn. I stand up and walk out of their room. I walk next door to Kaylee's room. I open her door and walk in. I found her sleeping on the ground with all her pillows and blankets. I walk up to her and shake her a little bit to wake her up. She flutters her eyes open and looks at me.

" Morning mummy." Kaylee says.

" Morning peanut. Why are you sleeping on the ground?" I say. Kaylee looks at herself on the ground. She looks back up at me.

" I don't know mummy." Kaylee says.

" Well, you don't want to sleep on the ground. It's not good for your back." I say helping her stand up. She tries to look at Jason in my arm.

" Morning Jason." Kaylee says. Jason lets out a little baby noise. I look down at Kaylee.

" He says good morning to you too Kaylee." I say. Kaylee smiles. We walk out of her room and downstairs to the kitchen. Kaylee sits in her spot at the table and I walk to the freezer. I take the pancakes out of the freezer and take a pack out. I look at Kaylee as I place the pack on a plate.

" Kaylee, what do you want for breakfast this morning?" I ask. Kaylee sat there and started to think as I placed Luke's pancakes in the microwave.

" Can I have pancakes too?" Kaylee asks. 

" Of course you can peanut." I say. I walk back to the freezer and took out the pancakes again. Jason started to whine in my arms. I placed Kaylee's pancakes on the counter and looked at Jason in my arms.