chapter six

" Mummy, do we have to go back?" Kaylee whines slowing our group down.

" Yes. Its past your bedtime and we still need to wash you." I say.

We were at the indoor theme park and it was late for Luke and Kaylee. Kaylee obviously didn't want to go back to the room.

" We can come back tomorrow before we leave. We have to get you to bed so you have more energy for tomorrow." Ben says picking her up so we can walk faster. I was carrying Luke because he was close to falling asleep.

" But I not tired." Kaylee says yawning afterwards.

" Yeah, you're not tired." I say. We walk back to our room. Ben opens the door and we walk in. Ben places Kaylee on the ground and she runs to grab her baby blanket. I sit Luke on the bed. I look at the two of them.

" Luke and Kaylee, is okay if daddy washes you tonight? Mommy needs to make some important calls." I say. They both nod their heads. I look at Ben.

" Go start the bath." I say. Ben looks at Luke and Kaylee.

" Come on kiddos. We're gonna have a blast in the bath!" Ben says. He picks up Luke who fluttering his eyes close and held Kaylee's hand. They walked to the bathroom.

I walk to where I sleep and lay down on my side of the bed. I pull my phone out as I hear the water running in the bathroom. I look on my phone to see I have 6 voice mails from the last two days. I call the first one.

" Hi, this is Alex and just to let you know when you come back, there is a big ad we have to go over. Just letting you know."

Damn, I hate when people expect big things for ads. I mean, yes they want people to catch their attention on the ad, but making it is hard. I quickly call him back. He didn't answer the phone because its really late, so I left him a voicemail.

" Hi Alex, its me, Millie. Thank you for letting me know. When I'm back on Monday, we can work right on it." I hang up and click the next voice mail.

" Hello this is the prison where your husband, Liam Payne, was being held for the last 5 years. Your husband, Liam Payne, is being released today on September 16, 2022 from prison. Hope you have a good rest of the day."

My phone drops from my hand. It bounces off the bed and lands on the ground with a thud! My whole world stopped.

He's out of prison.

" Millie, you okay?" Ben calls from the bathroom. I unfreeze and scramble off the bed and grab my phone off the ground.

" Yeah, I'm okay!" I call back. Are the other voice mails from him? I click on the other voice mails and press my phone to my ear.

" Hey Mill, it's me, Liam. I'm just wondering where you are because I'm finally home. I just want to spend some lost time with my wife and son. Call me back when you get this. Bye." I felt myself shaking. I click on another voice mail he left me.

" Its me again, Mill. I'm just looking around the house and I can see lots of things have changed around here. I can tell my baby boy grew up. Please call me back. Bye." I look towards the bathroom to hear Luke and Kaylee giggling. I bit my lip.

Liam doesn't even fucking know that he has a daughter. Dammit, I'm so fucking stupid!

" I'll be right back. Watch out for each other." I hear Ben say. He walks out of the bathroom and shows up to where I am. He had his sleeves pulled up to his elbows. His face showed that he was concerned about me.

" What's wrong Millie?" Ben asks. I started shaking my head. I couldn't get words to come out of my mouth. Ben pulls me into a hug. He places a kiss on the top of my head.