chapter nine

" You were right, Alex. This ad is huge." I say looking at the ad the team finished.

" I told you." Alex says. I look at my watch. 11:45 my watch reads. I look to the team in the conference room.

" Okay guys, I'm leaving for my lunch break. I'll be back around 12:30. Jamie, make sure you send the ad to the customer." I say.

" Are you planning on spending your lunch with your daughter?" Matthew asks.

" I actually have to go to my son's teacher and talk to her." I say.

" Is he causing trouble?" Nicole says obviously being sarcastic because everyone knows Luke doesn't cause trouble.

" No, boys are just being mean to him. But I'm going to take care of it. So, don't go burning the place down." I say.

" We'll try not to." Alex says. I walk out of the conference room and to my office. I grab my phone to see a message from Liam.

Kaylee and i r waiting for u in the parking lot

I grab my purse and walk out of my office. I walk to the front desk and look at Carol.

" I'll be right back. I'm going out for lunch." I say.

" Have fun." Carol says. I walk out of the building and to the parking lot. Liam parked the car right in front of the building. Liam was sitting in the drivers seat looking at Kaylee in the back. I open the passenger door and get in.

" Hi mummy!" Kaylee exclaims. I reach my hand back and she grabs it.

" Hello peanut. How was preschool today?" I say. Liam starts the car and drives away from the office.

" It good mummy!" Kaylee says.

" Are you gonna show mummy her surprise?" Liam asks.

" Daddy shush! Not yet!" Kaylee says. I look at Liam weird.

" Where is Luke's school?" Liam asks.

" By the high school." I say. Liam nods his head.

" Mummy, when come home?" Kaylee asks.

" You know when I come home. I come home around dinner time." I say.

" Why no stay home?" Kaylee asks.

" Because if you want a home to stay in and food to eat and things you like, mommy needs to work." I say.

" When you stay home?" Kaylee asks.

" Well, I just had the weekend off so having another day off would not be good for my company. My job really needs me around." I say.

" Do you want to eat lunch after we talk to Luke's teacher?" Liam asks.

" It really depends. I need to get back to work." I say. My phone rings in my purse. I pull it out and answer it.

" Hello?"

" Hi Millie!" My now 19-year-old sister says.

" What do you need." I say. Rachel only calls me when she needs something. Liam looks at me weird. I mouth 'Rachel' to him and he nods his head.

" I just want to see Luke and Kaylee. I haven't seen them in a while." Rachel says.

" Aren't you at school right now? You should be focusing on your work." I say.

" I have a little break right now. So, when can I see them?" Rachel says.

" When's your next big break?" I ask. Liam pulls into Luke's elementary school. He shuts the car off and looks at me.