chapter four

" Are we there yet?" Luke mumbles from the backseat. I look at Luke through the rearview mirror.

" Almost." I say.

For Kaylee's birthday, Ben, Louis, Paige, and I were taking Kaylee, Luke, and Emma to Wisconsin Dells. I was driving with Ben in the passenger seat and Luke behind Ben and Kaylee behind me. Louis and Paige were following us in their car.

" I wanna swim!" Kaylee exclaims.

" Don't worry peanut. We're almost there. You can swim all you want this weekend." Ben says. Kaylee claps her hands.

" Mommy, I'm hungry." Luke complains.

" Ben, can you get him something to eat?" I ask changing to the right lane knowing we are showing up to the Dells soon.

" Yeah. Luke, what do you want buddy?" Ben asks pulling out the snack bag.

" Goldfish!" Luke exclaims.

" Daddy, can I have cookies?" Kaylee asks. Ben hands Luke a small bag of goldfish.

" I don't know peanut. Is it okay with mommy?" Ben asks looking at me.

" Only a couple of cookies. When we get there we're gonna have dinner." I say. Ben hands Kaylee a couple of Chips Ahoy cookies. Kaylee squeals and takes a bite of one them.

" Kaylee look! We are here!" Luke says pointing to the Kalahari, where we are staying. I take the exit and drive till I reached the stoplight. Kaylee and Luke were both fascinated looking at all the places.

I turn right to go into the Kalahari. I drove around the parking lot and they were both still fascinated.

" Throwback to when we had nationals here." Ben says.

" Yeah, that was some good times." I say. I pull into the area where we would have to check in. I park the car and look at Luke and Kaylee.

" Okay, when we go in there, I want you to either stay with me or daddy. Do we understand?" I say. Luke and Kaylee both nod their heads.

" Alright. Let's go inside!" Ben says. The two of them squeal as Ben and I get out of the car. We open up their doors and help them get out. We walk together towards the building.

" Hold mommy's and daddy's hands. We are in a parking lot." I say. Kaylee tightly grips my hand. We walk inside and I look at the lobby.

" Daddy, look! A tiger!" Kaylee says. She lets go of my hand, grabs Ben's hand, and drags Ben and Luke towards the tiger. Okay, I'll check in.

I walk to the front desk. Once someone called next, I walked up. I met up with a man who smiled at me.

" Hello! How are we doing?" He asks.

" I'm doing good." I say putting my purse in front of me.

" So, last name and then first name please." He says.

" Espinosa, Amelia." I say. He checks on the computer. He smiles.

" Room for four, two adults, two children?" He says.

" Yep, that's me." I say. He hands me two room keys, and hands me four water park wristbands.

" You're room 356 and its that way past the waterparks." He says pointing towards the waterparks.

" Thank you. I can get the indoor theme park wristbands over there, right?" I say.

" Yep, that is correct. Oh, the water park wristbands expire by the end of Saturday, so you will need to get new ones for Sunday." He says.