01

If there was one thing that Izumi Midoryia was grateful for it was the fact that many of the constructions projects that were halted due to hero activity had relatively low security. Whenever she wanted to think or escape she snuck into one of the nearly abandoned projects and climbed to the highest point she could. The view was calming from the edge like everything was so small and far away. A single tear followed by a cascade of tears fell upon Izumi's hero analysis notebook. It had already been a few days since All Might had saved her and at the same time shattered everything she had worked towards. She had not gone to school and instead spent her time wandering aimlessly while searching for something to give her purpose. The only thing she had succeeded in was realizing the she was certainly invisible to everyone. Even when she had stumbled and almost been hit by a car not a single person uttered a word of concern. It was as if they knew she was a useless person who desereved to die.

"It's funny isn't it," Izumi laughed bitterly as she addressed no one in particular, "it was only 80 years ago that our world of heroes was nothing but dreams in a comic book. It was normal people like me who dreamt of this world, and now it's people like me who don't have a place in it."

With a spiteful smile Izumi Midoriya untied her forest green hair letting it loose into the soft breeze. Her emerald eyes were hollow as if they lacked life. Slowly she took off her red sneakers and placed them beside the railing. Her breath was uneven but surprisingly calm as Izumi manuvered herself on the edge of the building.

"Hopefully Kachan didn't lie."

-----

Himiko Toga skipped through the dark alleys without a care to dingy appearence of her surroundings. She was dressed in a summer uniform despite it being the start of the fall semester. Her blonde hair was tied into two messy buns and her golden cat like eyes wandered about with vigilance. She suddenly stopped and sniffed the air as a grin crept across her face.

"Food."

However the moment she laid eyes upon her food the smile disappeared and was quickly replaced by a pained expression. Before her was the body of a girl who seemed to be around her own age.

Her dull eyes were a beautiful emerald green that despite losing their shine were still radiant. Her forest green hair, so saturated in green that it was almost black, was splayed out like a blanket beneath her. She had a soft but anguished smile on her face and the light stain of a single tear upon her cheek. The fact that she was barefoot told Toga all she needed to know.

That should have been you.

Toga shook the intrusive thoughts out of her mind as she moved closer to the body that smelled strongly of blood. However the more she looked the more she found that there was no blood at all. In fact other than the puddle of mysterious dark liquid that held a foul stench of hard liquor and urine the alley was spotless. Yet the unmistakable scent of blood was strong around the girl's body as if she was wearing a prefume. It was beginning to drive Toga mad as she frantically searched for any ounce of blood. The fear of losing control began to set in as she had not fed for a few days. She hesitated as she stared at the body but the aching thirst had already made the decision long before.

"I'm sorry."

The darkness of the alley hid Toga's expression as she brandished a box cutter that was hidden beneath her skirt. Despite the calmness in her breath she could not mask the shaking of her hands as she held onto the body's forearm. As Toga pressed into the wrist with her box cutter she winced at the throbbing of faded scars and pressed onward until she caught sight of blood. With a hunger induced growl she licked the blood and gasped. It was unlike the usual bitter and salty taste from the normal overworked slary-man who had jumped or let themselves bleed out. It was a sweet and intoxicating taste as if she were drinking a vanilla and lemon flavored shake. Yet it filled her with a firey and powerful sensation that sent a pleasurable shiver throughout her body.

"Ummm..."

Toga looked up to see a pair of emerald eyes staring back at her own golden pupils, "Huh?"

"Hi?" The girl that was once a corpse spoke once more with a confused expression.

"AAHH!" Toga immeaditely backed away with a shout and held up the box cutter in front of her as a safety shield.

The girl held up her hands to show that she meant no harm, "Wait! Please don't stab me!"

After a few moments of silence between the two Toga relaxed her stance but still kept the knife raised. She had many questions such as: "How is she still alive?", "The cut on her wrist is gone, is that part of her quirk?", and "Does the taste of her blood have to do with her quirk?" Meanwhile the revived girl was staring down at her own body in amazement and poking at different places to make sure she could was not hallucinating.

"Is that your quirk?" Toga asked cautiously while weighing her options.

"Quirk," the girl looked even more confused, "what do you mean?"

Toga had a dumbfounded expression, "So you're just magically alive after jumping? And the cut I gave you is already gone."

The girl looked between the crimson stain on Toga's lips and her own wrist and suddenly the slight pain and wet sensation that had woekn her up made sense, "Wait did you stab me and start drinking my blood?"

Toga raised her knife in preparation and steadied her breathing. If she let the girl escape out of pity and hesitation there was no telling what would happen. She had already been living off of stealing and feeding on the bodies of suicides. However even if she hadn't ever killed anyone or done any crimes other than survive there was no doubt in her mind that she would never see the light of day if she was found out. She was a monster after all.

"You must have some kind of quirk that requires blood right?" The girl mused still not fully coherent from her recent revival, "That's cool! You could be like Vlad King, he's a blood hero!"

She's lying.

Toga was once again awestruck at the girl before her. First she had been reanimated after dying and now she was ranting about how rare blood quirks were and how there were many unexplored possibilities for them. Normally anyone's reaction was to call her a monster or freak or perhaps even worse a villain. Toga was caught between trying to convince this girl to come with her or to resign her to the void. The cause was her blood, she couldn't quite yet place it but the girl's blood was somehow different aside from it's addictung taste. It felt powerful and Toga's bloodlust seemed to be even more satisfied than it normally would be. If she could secure that blood as her own she wouldn't have to worry about feeding.

"Don't you think so too?" The girl had finished her mumbling rant and looked back at Toga with the sparkling eyes of a fan girl meeting their idol for the first time.

Toga decided to take a chance, "What's your name?"

"Izumi, Izumi Midoriya."