49 - First Event

Izumi casually stretched and leisurely began to walk through the tunnel towards the beginning of the race course. She had given everyone else a decent enough headtsrat so that even those who had been caught in Todoroki's ice were out of sight.

In truth she didn't really care about the outcome of the Sports Festival. It's purpose was to show off the student's abilities to potential sponsors and talent scouts. It was a great opportunity to make connections and show off your strengths to the world. Initially Izumi also thought it would be a great opportunity to test out her quirk after meticulously training for the past week. However something had changed in the short time it took her to arrive to the stadium from U.A.'s entrance.

No perhaps "something changed" was incorrect. She had always known but had turned away from it. Now, witnessing the endless crowds and knowing that even more people were watching from behind a screen, Izumi had no choice but to acknowledge the swirling mess of emotions inside of her.

"Guess I'll have to apologize later."

Turning her attention back to the race Izumi sighed and removed her quirk canceling choker. The moment it was taken off a strange tension fell over the stadium and race course. It was a terrible feeling as if hundreds of worms were crawling underneath the skin.

"IT LOOKS LIKE SHOTO TODOROKI AND 1A'S THE KING OF EXPLOSIONS: KATSUKI BAKUGO ARE REACHING THE FINAL OBSTACLE! HOW WILL THEY OVERCOME: THE MINEFIELD! Please note that the explosives are only enough to push a student over they are not dangerous."

Izumi giggled at the worried tone of Present Mic's voice as he reassured the onlookers that the landmines were not dangerous. It made sense since U.A. did not want to be responsible for having a student turned into a mist during a worldwide broadcast.

"IT'S A FIERCE FIGHT TO THE FINISH AS TODOROKI SAILS OVER THE MINES USING HIS ICE WHILE BAKUGO FLIES OVER USING HIS EXPLOSIONS!"

Izumi snapped her fingers and began to take a stroll through the obstacle course.

"WHAT A TURN OF EVENTS! ALL OF THE PARTICIPANTS SEEM TO BE STUCK IN PLACE!"

Izumi continued her walk, enjoying the sunlight and gentle breeze. It didn't take longmformher to arrive at the destruction of the "Robo Inferno". She could see where Todoroki had frozen a Zero Pointer and Bakugo had blown it to pieces. Much of the smaller robots were either torn apart or twitching from an overload of electricity.

"COMING UP IN THE REAR IS THE FIRST YEAR REPRESENTATIVE AND 1A'S CRIMSON EMPRESS: IZUMI MIDORIYA! TAKING A WALK WHILE THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS ARE DOWN! WILL ANYONE BE ABLE TO GET UP AND CONTINUE THE RACE OR WILL SHE MAKE IT TO THE FINISH?"

A certain blonde vampire smirked at Present Mic's announcement.

Izumi was rather impressed with Cementoss's work as she stared into the chasm that was the second obstacle: The Pitfall. The carefully constructed pillars were molded to look like barely stable platforms. The distance between them was small enough so that a student could easily jump between them without a quirk. However considering the amount of students who were crossing via the ropes it seemed that they had fallen for the trap of "safety" over risk.

"Oh?"

Izumi smirked as she felt several tugs in the back of her mind. It seemed like there were a few people who managed to struggle against her quirk. From what she could feel there was at least five people, more than what she had originally predicted.

"WHAT'S THIS? IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE HAS MANAGED TO STAND! WAIT! FIVE PEOPLE HAVE MANAGED TO STAND! TODOROKI, BAKUGO, 1A'S INSOMNIAC: SHINSO AIZAWA, ALSO FROM 1A THE VAMPIRE QUEEN HERSELF: HIMIKO TOGA, AND 1B'S PHANTOM THIEF: NEITO MOMONA! THE RACE IS BACK ON!"

Izumi could hear the crazed cheers even as she approached the minefield where the five aforementioned students had barely managed to stand. All the other students were still struggling to make it into a sitting position and from the looks of it Izumi would only be able to maintain her control over them for another few minutes at most. Five minutes for a large area domination of blood, it was longer than what she was expecting and it made her pleased. So far Izumi had only been focusing on precision and power within a relatively small distance centered around herself. For an live expirement it went rather well.

"I WON'T LOSE LIKE THIS!"

Bakugo cried out as he managed to take a strained step forward after mustering all the power in his body. Todoroki followed closely behind after witnessing someone take the lead before him.

"You really haven't changed at all."

Bakugo stared at the silver haired girl that walked by him and towards the finish line. He was unable to see her expression but he could tell there was resignation and a hint of sadness in her voice.

"DAMNIT COME BACK HERE!"

The only response Bakugo recieved was a small dismissive wave as he watched helplessly as Izumi disappeared into the stadium.