47 - Wednesday Investigations

Kaminari, Ochaco, and Shinso all stood outside the gate of what used to be Aldera Middle School. For a moment they tried to pretend the others didn't exist in hopes that they would eventually leave. Yet after nearly twenty minutes of just standing around it was obvious that they all had business at the condemned school.

"So uh what brings you here Shinso?"

Kaminari nervously approached his insomniac classmate while Ochaco watched curiously from the sidelines.

"I could ask the same about you two considering that you both put in requests to visit home and not for a free outing."

Kaminari chuckled nervously under Shinso's incredulous stare. If there was any doubt that he wasn't Aizawa son then the death glare they both shared surely chased those doubts away.

"We came here to visit our old stomping grounds, yeah!"

"Neither of you went here so don't try and lie Kaminari."

"We're here because of Izumi. We overheard you and Mr. Aizawa talking about her and Bakugo and we got curious."

Ochaco stepped forward and handed Shinso the notebook the two had been keeping their findings in. It was certainly a gamble considering that Izumi was Shinso's sister but if it paid off then they would be closer to the answers they were searching for.

Shinso on the other hand was rather impressed with the two members of the "Aldera Investigation Team". Ochaco and Kaminari were both on the lower rankings when it came to the school portion of their education and they were somewhere in the middle of the pack when it came to heroics. However the information they had managed to gather and the theories they had come up with aligned with what he had been thinking of. Izumi being the daughter of Telekinetic and The Bloodedge, both her and Bakugo coming from Aldera Middle School, and even Izumi being the missing girl from the slime villain incident that All Might was involved with. While it certainly was an invasion of privacy he and even his own father were also looking into Izumi behind her back, to call them out as guilty would only make him a hypocrite.

"Most of your information is correct and I have most of the same questions as you."

Shinso sighed as he handed back the notebook and gestured for the two to follow him into the school.

As the three investigated they began to exchange information and filled in some of the missing gaps. Izumi had awakened her quirk after running away and meeting Toga who had been chased out of her home. Aizawa managed to save the two when they were attacked. Aizawa had taken them in and Nezu seemed to know quite a bit regarding Izumi but wouldn't share. The only large questions they had left were how Izumi and Bakugo were connected and why she seemed to be both afraid of him and hate him at the same time, and how Izumi and All Might were connected.

"Woah no wonder this place had so many cases!"

Ochaco pointed out a locker covered in vulgar graffiti. Even compared to the other usual graffiti on the surrounding lockers this single one was covered in vulgarities and damage. Dents, scratches, and what looked like scorch marks warped the hate messages and death threats that had covered the locker.

SLUT

WHORE

QUIRKLESS ORPHAN

WORTHLESS

DIE

UNWANTED

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN BORN

YOUR MOM HATED YOU

The three teens stared at the locker with disgust yet for some reason they could not take their eyes off of it. Each of the lockers had a small metal plate that had the owner's name engraved on it. The plate on this particular locker read a familiar name.

Izumi Midoriya.

Shinso took a deep breathe and forced himself to open the locker. It was mostly empty aside from a few textbooks that looked like they had been burnt and thrown into water repeatedly. However at the very bottom of the locker was a familiar brand of notebooks that covered the shelves of his room and Izumi's room. A notebook that Bakugo also seemed to have a few of.

Hero Analysis For The Future Vol. 9

The ones Bakugo had were Volumes 10 and 11 and the rare few that were named on Izumi's shelf were Volumes 1 through 8. However it seemed that only Shinso recognized this fact.

Gingerly they opened the notebook and found dozens of entries of different heroes, their quirks, and potential uses and weaknesses. However towards the end of the books there were numerous pages that had been ripped out or covered in thick layers of black marker. The only entry that seemed to survive was barely legible and looked as if whoever wrote it was crying from the way it was smudged in certain areas.

Why does Kachan hate me now? I thought we were friends! But after he got his quirk he's started to change and he started tormenting me. He even torments the kids with quirks he doesn't see as strong or useful. I told him he was acting like a villain and he used his quirk on me. He never did that before. It hurts really bad. I hate this.

"Hey who the hell are you guys?"

A boy who seemed to be about their age with wings made of skin on his back approached the trio with a wary eye.

"And what are you doing to that locker."

"What's it to you?"

"Ah, you must be one of that idiots new friends aren't you. Come to check out his glorious origins where he stomped on all the competition huh?"

The three U.A. students looked genuinely confused as the winged teen continued to question them.

"Don't play dumb I know you guys are here to bring back trophies for Bakugo."

"Wait hold on what?"

"No, no, no we're here because of our friend Izumi!"

"Huh?"

It would seem that all four teens were confused now.

"You guys are friends with Midoriya?"

"Yeah we wanted to know what happened between her and Bakugo."

"I see. It's not exactly rainbows and unicorns, her locker should tell you as much."

"Did you know them?"

The boy with wings grimaced.

"Yeah I know them. I know them too well. Especially that asshole Bakugo."

The winged teen sighed and began to walk away.

"The name's Tsubasa, I used to be Bakugo's friend. C'mon this isn't the place to talk."

-----

"Do you really think what Tsubasa said is true? Did they really torment Izumi like that for years? Just for being quirkless?"

Ochaco suddenly stopped before they entered the dorms and turned towards the two boys in disbelief.

"I know Bakugo's a bit rough but he can't have possibly done all that. They wouldn't have let him into U.A. otherwise right?"

Shinso and Kaminari looked away and let their silence answer Ochaco's desperate questions. With no more words to share that would express their shock, they entered the dorms.