04 - Nightmare

"See they're already attached so it would be easier to keep them together," Nezu smiled proudly from his perch on Aizawa's shoulder as they peeked into the hospital room where Izumi was asleep at Toga's side.

Aizawa analyzed them with a scrutinizing gaze, "One problem child with lots of trauma is hard, two is a disaster, but three? Three is chaos Principal Nezu and you know it. Especially when one is a potential murderer."

"I wouldn't be so sure," Nezu giggled, "they have just the right balance to help each other grow. If it makes it any easier Toga most certainly isn't a murderer."

While Nezu himself had very little faith in humanity there was one thing he had accepted during his time as U.A.'s Principal. There were both amazing and terrible people who could do either amazing or terrible things. Throughout his years he had learned how to read through people and dig up even the darkest depths of their pasts if it meant he was able to understand them better. Of course this was all within the scope of his slightly skewed Chimera views and values. But nonetheless he had just the faintest respect for these humans and their ability to become the greatest heroes or the worst of villains both in the metaphorical and literal sense. Perhaps one could say Nezu even had some form of empathy to those with harsh backgrounds although it would never be known to anyone except himself.

"Suicides?" Aizawa wasn't an underground hero for show, his detective skills were refined with years of experience backing them.

Nezu nodded, "Now then I believe Hizashi and Hitoshi are downstairs, it will take awhile to talk things over with them so the sooner we go to meet them the better."

Aizawa glared at his boss before sighing and walking off towards the elevator, "You already know Hizashi will say yes, he loves kids. So why bother asking if you know the answer?"

The chimera smirked and patted his staff's head softly, "You too already know the answer."

"Sadistic rat."

------

"Mommy?"

Toga called out to the figure who always quickly walking away. The figure stopped but didn't turn around and she could feel that something was wrong. But her childish mind shook away that feeling.

"Stay here sweetie I'll be back okay, I just have to get some adult things."

Toga beamed, "Okay I'll be a good girl!"

There was a strange tension in the voice but she ignored it. After all it must be something very important so she shouldn't keep her mother there. Her mother had been nervous all day and it seemed like she really needed whatever she was going to get. Toga quickly made herself busy playing with the crimson fidget toy she had stuffed in her pocket that morning. The dark color was so alluring and it reminded her of the pretty sight of blood. She always did her best to never bring up blood or her Quirk around her mother. It always made her angry and Toga wasn't sure why. Her quirk was so cool she could disguise herself as anyone, infiltrate into evil organizations, and be an amazing hero! But her mother said her quirk wasn't suited for that, it was too scary. Her uncle was also a hero with a blood quirk so why couldn't she be one too? When Toga asked that her mother also got very upset and told her to never bring up her uncle again. Toga could never quite understand what made her mother so upset. She would never have the chance to know either.

"Please stop it."

A teenage Toga watched her younger self wait until the evening sky became black. She could hardly stand the bright smile on her own face anymore and wished that she could rewind time to that moment. She would have clung to her mother and begged her not to leave. She would have run back home earlier, before she found it abandoned later that night. But would have that changed anything at all?

"Stop."

The scene abruptly changed and now Toga stood watching herself writhe in agony alone in the shadows of an alley. Her clothes were stained and torn but they kept her warm and she looked just like the rest of the filth that littered the alley. She was nearly frothering at the mouth as the cravings ran rampant throughout her body in waves of searing pain. Then the intoxicating scent of crimson ichor made her freeze. She smiled really and picked herself up despite the pain following the scent until she reached it's origin. A middle aged man who was lying in a position no one should be able to make.

"Please stop."

She sniffed with glee at the spot where the flesh had caved in and began to spill out the wonderous liquid that she craved. The expression of euphoria that rested on her face was the only thing she needed to know that she was a monster in the skin of a human.

"Sshh, it's okay."

Toga turned towards the sound of the voice and saw a young girl she vaguely recognized. Her raven black was like a curtain that absorbed the surrounding light into it's darkness. Her pale skin like flawless porcelain. Most alluring were her dazzling crimson eyes like jewels of crystalized blood that drew Toga into their endless abyss. She could not look away as the girl sashayed towards herself before entering a gentle embrace. Toga felt her entire body heat up as the breath of the girl's whisper enveloped her ears.

"I'm here for you, I will always be here for you."

------

Toga's eyes shot open to the sight of a white ceiling bathed in the orange hues of the early morning light. She felt something soft and warm snuggling into her chest. When she looked down she was met with a head of black hair and the crimson orbs from her dream.

"Good morning?"