48 - The Sports Fesitval Begins

"Where is she?"

Toga paced nervously in the waiting room. The other first year classes were being called out to the stadium and Class 1A was next. However Izumi was missing, she had gone out earlier that morning without a word and had yet to return.

"Don't worry she'll be here kero!"

"She's probably just running a little late!"

"Yeah Chaco's right Himiko."

"LAST BUT NOT LEAST PLEASE WELCOME CLASS 1A OF THE HEROICS COURSE!"

The stadium erupted into cheers as the famed class who had survived a villain attack walked out onto the field. Thousands of eyes, and millions more across a screen, all had their gazes on the class. Curiosity, envy, condescending, all manner of gazes fell upon the students. It was a different pressure than what they had felt during the USJ but it still felt as if it would crush them nonetheless.

"Now before we begin the First Year Representative Izumi Aizawa will give a short speech!"

Complete silence filled the stadium as no one stepped forward.

"First Year Representative Izumi Aizawa please step forward to give your speech."

Suddenly a crimson orb slowly descended from the sky and took its place behind the podium and whispers of curiosity filled the stadium. When the crimson orb touched the small platform it shattered and released a thick viscous liquid. Midnight who was standing on the platform gave a small yelp and quickly jumped off the platform as the tension throughout the stadium grew. The viscous liquid slowly converged into a humanoid form . It's features became more clear each passing second as it turned from crimson to a pale color. It didn't take very long for a silver haired girl wearing an eye patch and a choker to appear from the viscous crimson.

"Please forgive my tardiness I did not anticipate the crowds going to the other stadiums to prevent me from reaching here in time."

The crowd remained silent as they watched the young girl wearing the same uniform as everyone else begin her speech. The air around her was oppressive as her hawk like gaze fell over the stadium.

"This is a place I never thought I would stand. A place I had always dreamed I would one day reach. After years and years of being told I could never make it I finally made it. Now I stand here proudly to tell you that even if you don't quite reach where you want to be or end up where you dreamt. To keep dreaming, to keep reaching higher and higher, to keep walking forward even if it's hard. So I want all of you to watch the next generation you have placed your trust in. Watch the ones you will eventually leave the future to. Let us show you, why you have placed your trust in us. Plus Ultra!"

As Izumi raised her fist and unknowingly imitated All Might an explosion of cheers erupted from both students, staff, and onlookers alike. A few within the crowd couldn't help but see the image of a young girl with forest green hair smiling brightly on the same stage with her fist raised in a show of encouragement and sportsmanship.

--------

To anyone spectating the first year's opening event it must have been quite a confusing sight to behold. Nearly a hundred students lining up before a gargantuan pair of iron doors. The moment the doors began to open even slightly the fight for first place had already begun.

Those at the front of the horde rushed towards the ever increasing gap however in a sudden display of power the entire entryway became engulfed in ice. Over half of the students were encased in ice up to their necks while most of those who managed to somehow avoid the ice were scrambling to regain their footing. Only a handful of students had managed to successfully rush out of the stadium and past the mess in the tunnel.

Leading the pack was a teen with red and white hair from the infamous Hero Course Class 1A. Hot on his heels was an ash blonde boy using explosions to propel himself. Nearly all of Class 1A had made it through the tunnel and were rushing towards the finish line. Closely following them were the second Hero Course Class 1B.

However a single student from Class 1A had yet to begin the race to the finish. Instead they walked back into the stadium and sat with their back leaning against the tunnel entrance. Strangely the attention had been pulled away from the fierce fight as those at the front ran into a pack of robots. All the attention fell on a silver haired girl humming a vaguely familiar tone as she enjoyed the warm sunlight and gentle breeze.

"LEADING THE RACE AS WE REACH THE SECOND OBSTACLE IS CLASS 1A'S MASTER OF ICE AND FIRE: SHOTO TODOROKI! LET'S SEE HOW HE DEALS WITH: THE PITFALL!!!!!!"

"That should be a good enough headscarf so let get started shall we?"