17 - First Day of Class

Ochaco wasn't surprised to see Toga, Jiro, and Tsu (as Asui insisted they call her) sitting next to each other and talking when she walked into the classroom. However she was surprised to see a missing Izumi since her and Toga were practically sown together. After the rather dramatic ending to the entrance exams, which left all the girls in awe of Izumi's power, they had quickly become friends. Jiro was cool and often had fun group activities and planned out things to do with Toga. Tsu was the caretaker of the group and had taken on an almost sisterly role naturally, perhaps it was because she had siblings but she was good at making sure everyone was included and having fun. Ochaco was surprisingly, even to herself, usually the center of the conversation along with Toga since the other three were more introverted. Izumi was the defacto leader of their group and the resident expert on quirks and training, they were all quite surprised to learn that she had a professional quirk analysis license and did work using it during her free time.

"Hey guys!"

"Chaco!"

"Morning kero."

"You got lost on your way here didn't you?"

Ochaco couldn't refute Jiro's statement and laughed nervously, "Yeah this place is a maze so I arrived later than I was expecting. Where's Izumi by the way?"

Ochaco didn't miss Toga's expression stiffen for a moment but decided to ask her about it in private later.

"She'll be joining us next week when hero classes start."

"Who starts class on a Friday anyways."

"It's usually for the teachers to be able to make last minute reorganizations and preparations for the upcoming year kero."

Suddenly the door was flung open as a head of spiky blonde hair and spiky red hair ran through the entryway just as the bell rang. Toga recognized the two from the class roster Shinso had given her and Izumi the previous night. Katsuki Bakugo, the one who placed second overall but had the most villain points compared to all the other participants. The red head was Eijiro Kirishima, placed 12th overall but showed lots of spirit and promise. The entire class was made up of the top 20 scoring participants, a class that would normally be called a powerhouse line up. However knowing what happened to the would be 2A class Toga knew that unless they passed Aizawa's personal standards they faced expulsion at worst.

"Hey shouldn't the teacher be here by now?"

"I suppose you're correct. If this is U.A.'s standards then I think I may have chosen the wrong school."

"The teacher's been here since before majority of you arrived."

Shinso pointed to the podium where Aizawa stood with a disappointed expression. Most of the class gave a small shout or jumped a bit when they saw what looked to be a homeless man standing in their classroom.

"I've been here for 15 minutes and only 5 of you noticed me. Bakugo, Kirishima I'll let your tardiness slide since it's the first fay but you need to be in your seats before the bell rings."

Bakugo and Kirishima quickly ran to their seats before Aizawa continued.

"I am your homeroom teacher for the next three years here at U.A., if you even manage to last that long. My name is Shota Aizawa, you will call me Aizawa or Mr. Aizawa. Now put these on and meet me at Field C."

-----

"Himiko is Izumi joining is for lunch?"

"She didn't mention it this morning."

Jiro, Tsuyu, Toru, and Ochaco turned to see what looked like a miniature Aizawa with purple hair walking towards them. They looked between the blonde and energetic Toga and the lethargic teen with a questioning gaze. But neither of the two teens noticed and it wasn't long until the rest of the class arrived.

"All right you guys only took 3 minutes, not too bad but it needs some work."

Aizawa held a tablet and what looked to be some kind of modified baseball before he tossed it towards Bakugo, "We'll since our top scorer isn't here you'll have to demonstrate for the class. Go stand in the circle and throw it as far as you can. Like those tests back in middle school but use your quirk this time."

BOOM

Toga watched the baseball be propelled by an explosion and fly out of sight.

"712 meters."

"Kachan."

Bakugo turned toward Toga with a confused look, "What did you just call me?"

Shinso, Toga, and Aizawa shared a look before they went back to the class placement exam as if nothing had happened while ignoring Bakugo who was about to question Toga before he was called away to participate once more. Ochaco noticed Toga's clenched fist and Shinso's subtle glare towards the spiky haired blonde.

"You know him?"

"No. Hopefully I don't."

The girl's were confused at Toga's answer but had no time to ask further as the tests began in earnest.

1. Katsuki Bakugo
2. Himiko Toga
3. Shoto Todoroki
4. Shinso Hitoshi
5. Eijiro Kirishima
6. Momo Yayorozu
7. Tenya Iida
8. Mashirao Ojiro
9. Rikido Sato
10. Denki Kaminari
11. Kyoka Jiro
12. Tsuyu Asui
13. Mezo Shoji
14. Ochaco Uraraka
15. Fumikage Tokoyami
16. Koji Koda
17. Mina Ashido
18. Yuga Aoyama
19. Toru Hagakure

Toga wasn't too surprised with the rankings for the physical exam although she did expect majority of her newfound friend group to place a bit higher. Although she understood that the rankings were heavily geared towards those with more physical quirks or those with more intensive training.

"Hey hey why don't we all introduce ourselves!"

It was the oink skinned girl, Mina Ashido as Toga remembered, who suggested it before anyone could leave the classroom. Much to the chagrin of Shinso, majority of the class could leave and Toga prevented him from leaving by volunteering herself and him to go first.