31 - Training: Girl's Side

Toga was put in charge of Toru, Mina, and Tsu who were all more comfortable and confident in using their quirks but wanted to focus on their physical combat abilities. She could see why the moment they started training. Toru was fast and stealthy but she had poor stamina and no power behind any of her attacks, Mina was decently strong but lacked speed, and Tsu lacked combat awareness so she was liable to falling for a feint or being easily deceived by tricky movements.

Toru was easy to get started with since all she really needed was to do basic strength and endurance training. She already knew basic martial arts that complimented her invisibility so all she needed was to increase her physical prowess.

Mina needed to work on her speed and using more deceptive combat techniques. Her approach was very straightforward: throw acid at the opponent. However she needed to learn how to use her acide in more creative ways such as movement and even trapping the opponent.

Tsu needed to simply spar with different opponents and especially those who were tricky.

So Toga created a system where the girls would take turns between sparring and individual training. So far it was going well and Toga wanted to spice things up so she called over her group.

"Alright you three have shown a lot of improvement so be proud of yourself. But there is also one more thing to work on."

The three girls looked at the blonde with confused faces.

"Teamwork. In most situations you won't be fighting alone so you need to work together to take down villains."

"Well since we're doing that why don't we spice things up, winning side gets to choose one favor from the losing side."

Toga thought it over for a moment before agreeing, after all a little friendly competition never hurt.

Overall the sparring match turned out just as anyone had expected it, with Toga flooring the three aspiring heroes. She would never admit it but their teamwork had forced her to try just a tiny bit harder than she normally would have, a bad habit she had picked up from Shinso and Izumi. By her own standards the three were decently stronger than majority of the class aside from the top scoring students but if they continued to train and got help from Izumi with their quirks Toga was sure that they could stand on even footing with herself.

"Well since I won I have a favor to as you guys."

Mina, Toru, and Tsu braced themselves for whatever wild request would come from the overly energetic blonde vampire.

"Please help me ask Izumi to be mine!"

-----

Jiro's face went red and she suddenly lost concentration in the middle of her quirk development training that Ochaco and herself were undergoing with Izumi. Izumi had tasked her with plugging her jacks into shock absorbing and sound dampening material and then using specific levels of vibrations in order to break the material. It required intense concentration to find the right frequencies to break the material, too high and she would shoot straight through it which would be fatal against a living person, too low and there would be no reaction. In that split second she lost concentration she accidentally ramped up the frequency way too far and disintegrated the block of material.

"Jiro you alright? Don't push yourself too hard."

Izumi ran over to check on Jiro who was panicking at the sight of the destroyed material but when they locked eyes Jiro's face went even more red.

"Are you sick? You should stop and rest if you're not feeling well."

"No no no I'm good Izumi don't worry!"

Jiro couldn't help but laugh as she thought about the future her friend had awaiting her. She suddenlymacted on the urge to pat the confused girl on the shoulder with respect. She had gained a bit of insight as to what those scenes where men would just pat each other on the shoulder after talking about women in soap operas, if only a miniscule amount.

"Just uh..... good luck and I hope you find happiness."

"Huh?"

Izumi was confused but brushed it off when she saw Toga's group come out of the separate training room. For some reason Mina, Toru, and Tsu were crowding Toga with excited bustle. Toga herself was a blushing mess and was trying to get the group in order. When Jiro saw them her grin only grew wider.

"Hey you guys done? We were thinking about finishing up for tonight."

"Yeah everyone's getting tired and Chaco looks like she's about to throw up."

Ochaco's face was an unnatural shade of green as she focused on lifting multiple sets of heavy weights and moving them around using her quirk. In truth she had reached her limit nearly half an hour ago but she pushed through with the mindset of no longer being the weakest link.

"Good idea she looks way past her limits."

Izumi's remarks was proven when the weights clattered to the ground and Ochaco let a rainbow flow from her mouth.