02 - Crimson and Gold

Izumi had only taken two steps while dragging along the blonde girl before she had hit a wall and stumbled backwards.

"Hey what do we have here?"

"Two cuties that's what!"

Izumi looked up to see two men that easily towered her in height and build with confident smirks and leering eyes. She recoiled backwards into the soft warmth behind her, unaware of the terrified expression on her face.

"Hey don't be like that we're good guys!"

The first man bent downward and offered a hand towards the greenette. But it was quickly smacked away by the blonde who was holding her companion in a protective manner. The blonde glared at the two men who still had smirks plastered on their faces.

"It's not nice to be rude," the second man stood at the entrance of the alley, "we just want to help and maybe show you a good time while we're at it."

"We don't need your help," the blonde's voice was laced with venom.

The two men glanced at each other and nodded before sighing. The first man lunged at Izumi who was still in a panicked state.

"Stay away!"

Izumi shouted and pushed her hand out on instinct. The man's arm suddenly twisted backwards and he howled in agony. The three uninjured people stared in bewilderment between the injured man and Izumi.

However the stupor did not last for long as the man at the entrance charged with an enraged shout, "You little bitch!"

He grabbed Izumi by the hair and kicked the blonde away before throwing Izumi against the wall. She slumped over with the wind knocked out of her as an electrifying pain shot throughout her entire body. Izumi cried out as she felt something hard repeatedly slam into her abdomen. The pain was so great the she barely registered the man who was shouting death threats as he assaulted her.

"Please stop," Izumi cried out in pain, "stop it!"

-----

Toga initially hesitated to take out her box cutter even in self defense. Using the box cutter would mean that she would have to fight and potentially injure someone. She had seen men like those before and the young women who had to shoulder the aftermath alone. Yet Toga had never once intervened nor had even spared a second glance. She knew now what it was like and the sin she had committed by turning a blind eye. The disgusting feeling as if your entire body was being violated by a mere lecherous glance. It sent an unatural chill down her spine.

"Let her go!"

Toga swung the box cutter at the man's arm but instead of cutting through soft flesh it bounced off of crystalized skin.

The man smirked, "You're quite feisty ain't cha? Well nothing a little discipline won't fix."

There was not a single sign of movement that Toga's eyes caught, the only thing she recognized was the sudden pain of something slamming into her gut. Her entire body threatened to crumple from what felt like the entirety of her insides being crushed. The familiar taste of blood forces it's way into her mouth and with a violent cough a glob of crimson was expelled from it. Despite the agonizing pain that ran rampant throughout her body she felt strangely calm. A strange emotion she normally suppressed washed over Toga as she glared into the man's eyes. The sight of the greenette's limp body in her peripheral vision had given fuel to this emotion.

Rage.

The man involuntary took a step backwards as he stared into those citrine eyes that had taken on a golden glow. Under the predatory gaze of a hunter who had cornered its prey the man grit his teeth with either determined bravery or foolish notions and charged. He was still fast enough that Toga could barely notice anything besides a blur of movements. Letting her instincts take control she pivoted to the left and felt the rushing of air as a crystalized arm flew past her head. With a soft growl she swung her box cutter towards the exposed throat but was once again thwarted by the crystalization of flesh. The man let a feral grin replace his shocked expression as he grabbed Toga by the back of the head. With a grunt he threw the girl to the rough cement and killed kicked her into the alley wall.

"Grab the other one I'll take this one," the man scoffed as he watched Toga struggle to pull herself off the ground.

"I think I'll take you instead."

The man turned around only to have a flash of white cover his vision before he was violently pulled forward. He crystalized himself in a vain attempt to regain stability but was met with an impact to the chest. Even through his hardened exterior the impact still winded him and he ended up smashing his face into the ground. Before the man could even struggle to get up he felt something hit the back of his head and the world went black.

-----

Pro Hero: Eraserhead, a District Rank underground hero with a Quirk that allows him to temporarily erase another quirk as long as he is looking at the person. Although his quirk had its limitations and drawbacks it was still an undeniably valuable asset in the heroics field. He had honed his abilities for over half of his life and was proud to call himself a Pro Hero. However even after nearly two decades of hero work and witnessing all manner of the darkness that humanity hid behind their masks there was one thing that had shaken him to his core. The same empty pit that he had filled from years of insomnia and overworking himself was ripped open at the sight of a body rushing towards the ground. Memories of a gentle smile and laughter briefly passed through his mind before he centered himself on the emergency at hand.

"The office district!"

Eraserhead used his specially made capture tool to maneuver himself across the rooftops and gaps that led to the ravines of dingy alleys below. From his position it would take him quite some time to reach the area where he had seen the faintest glimpse of a shadow falling towards the ground. He himself was unsure why but something inside him told Eraserhead that it was a person.

"Please let me make it in time!"