32 - Training: Boy's Side

Kaminari focused on controlling the chaotic nature of his quirk. Electricity naturally wanted to take the fastest path to a source that it was attracted to which meantmthat any time he released it, his electricity sprayed out in every direction. It was possible to direct it somewhat towards a general direction but unless he had something to attract the electricity it wasn't going to show any major progress. Instead the "off-brand Pikachu" focused on controlling the electricity within his own body, circulating it like an additional power source. Using his internal circuit for long periods of time would cause his nerves to slowly fry and eventually lead to nerve damage. However the boost to his physical and cognitive abilities was enough to warrant its use. Right now he was training to increase the time he could use it without causing damage and the amount of electricity he could circulate.

However Kaminari's mind was occupied with the private discussion that he and Ochaco had before coming over to the training centers. She had overheard a concerning conversation between Present Mic and Midnight while turning in a few pieces of paperwork. Apparently the reason no one could access any of the declassified documents regarding Aldera Middle School was because of Nezu's intervention. Not only that but when she tried to look further into Izumi herself it was almost as if her and her entire family were ghosts. The only information she could find was an old article covering the retirement of Japan's second international ranked hero: Telekinetic, Inko Midoriya. Likewise, there was no information on Telekinetic.

After the training battles Kaminari had also launched his own investigation into Izumi. He and many of the other boys in the class noticed the similarities to Izumi's coat and sword to the mercenary hero: Bloodedge. A hero for hire who went toe-to-toe with both All Might and Star N Stripe and came out on top. The sword he used, crimson coat, and a silver wig were common costumes for young boys who were interested in the legendary strength of the heroes they looked up too. The Bloodedge was rumored to have a blood quirk just like Izumi was and after comparing old videos to his memory he found their fighting style to be incredibly similar. However any information on the Mercenary Hero was all second hand from survivor interviews and shaky videos taken by body cameras.

Putting together all their information once more the duo came to the conclusion that Izumi Midoriya was the daughter of Inko Midoriya, a former International Rank Heroine who retired seemingly a few years before Izumi was born. Izumi also had the same abilities as the legendary Mercenary Hero: Bloodedge who disappeared nearly 17 years ago. Nezu had something to do with the lack of information about Aldera Middle School, even going so far as to have witness reports restricted. More answers that only lead to more questions, down the rabbit hole Aloce went as the saying goes.

"Kaminari too much!"

Kaminari was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard the warning shouts from Shinso. He suddenly realized that all the electricity hemhad been circulating was leaking out and shocking anything that was nearby. The off-brand Pikachu slowly eased the electricity back into himself with a nervous chuckle.

"Hehe sorry I got distracted."

"Be more careful next time, something like that could be fatal to both yourself and those around you."

Shinso gently helped Kaminari into a standing position, he could feel the blonde shaking from the electricity running through him and the intense heat radiating off of him.

"Take a break for now Kaminari."

Kaminari felt oddly satisfied hearing Shinso's dull almost monotone voice, it made a present warmth swell inside himself. He could feel the roughness of the insomniacs hands, a testament to the hard work and effort he had put into becoming as strong and as skilled as he was currently. Kaminari liked this warmth, but he wondered what this odd feeling inside his chest was.

BOOM

Shinso and Kaminari covered their ears at the sound of the blast but they did not miss Kirishima who was sent flying into the wall beside them. Bakugo stood across from the two boys and the recovering red head with a shocked expression.

"That was manly!"

Kirishima stood up and the rigid rock-like armor of his quirk was cracked and even burned in some places.

"Sorry I didn't know it would be that strong."

"What the hell were you two even doing?"

Bakugo looked at his sweaty palms with amazement and a hint of guilt.

"Creating more concentrated explosions in a shorter time. I can pool more sweat in specific areas to create stronger explosions but it's too slow. That's why I use my gauntlets but I still need to be able to create stronger explosions without my gauntlets and I need to be faster at it."

"I need to work on my endurance and how hard my armor is! It works kind of like a muscle, the more damage I take the stronger it comes back, as long as I don't completely break or shatter my armor that is."

Shinso sighed he would normally call them idiots but they were in truth the perfect training partners.

"Let's wrap it up here, it's getting late."