02

"So you know telling someone to kill themselves isn't advice right?" Toga was both upset and very concerned for Izumi once she had finished listening to her story.

Izumi laughed to surpress the cruel memories, "I mean it worked in the end so I guess it was advice."

Toga stopped in her tracks and grabbed Izumi by the shoulder, "You don't have to pretend you know. I know what it's like."

----------

"Himiko," a blond woman called out to the young girl who was crouched over, "what have you got there?"

The young girl turned around and held up a small bird that had two holes poked into it. Her radiant smile was tainted with the blood smeared across her face. "Look Mama isn't it pretty?"

"Put that down this instant!" Himiko's mother roared as she slapped her daughter as hard as she could. "How dare you!"

"Mama?" A young Himiko asked with tears as she held her stinging cheek, "Mama what did I do wrong?"

"I gave birth to a freak," her Mother muttered as she dragged a crying Toga away.

Monster!

Freak!

Mistake!

Cursed child!

Why did I have to give birth to you?

What kind of sick kid thinks blood is cute?

"What's wrong with me?" Toga had come to ask herself over time. No matter how hard she tried she could never fit in not even within her own home.

"All because of you!" Toga's father growled as he held up his daughter by her hair. His breath reeked of liquor just as much as his eyes held grief and madness. "It's your damn fault she left and now I'm stuck with a damn freak!"

He threw her to the ground with so much force that a sickening crack echoed throughout the empty house. Toga could only gasp for air as she watched her father begin to laugh with wild abandon at her pain.

"Why?" She managed to ask between pained gasps.

The moment she saw her father's eyes Toga knew she had made a mistake. "Why? BECAUSE YOU'RE A DAMN FREAK! WHAT THE HELL KIND OF QUIRK MAKES YOU DRINK BLOOD? YOU MADE GER LEAVE AND SHE LEFT YOU WITH ME! Well, no more."

-----------

"Next thing I know I was alone in a hospital and they couldn't find my Dad anywhere," Toga kept her gaze straight ahead so that her new acquaintance wouldn't have to see the sadness in her eyes. "I bounced around foster homes until I was 13, then I started living on my own."

Izumi stopped and grabbed Toga's hand with teary eyes, "I'm sorry that those people treated you that way and were unable to see past the drawbacks of your quirk."

"It's all in the past now," Toga smiled while the warmth of Izumi's hand slowly spread throughout her body. It was a pleasant warmth that calmed her, one that she had not felt since before her quirk manifested.

"She's just food," Toga quickly reminded herseld, "don't let yourself be fooled."

"What are two little girls doing around these parts so late at night?"

Izumi and Toga spun around to see a group of three men sporting lecherous smirks ad they eyed the two girls. Izumi froze out of fear as the three men began to approach while Toga slowly reached for the knife hidden in her skirt.

"I bet they were looking to have some fun!"

"Hey why don't you come with us and we'll show you how adults have fun."