03

"I'm still surprised you picked me of all people to help with your investigation," Sekijiro mused as the two heroes made their way through various back alleys.

Aizawa sighed, "Like I told you at U.A., you're the best fit for this. Eye witness reports and victim statements state that the perpetrator's quirk has something to deal with blood. It stops the victims from moving before he finishes them off, if he has a blood quirk like yours you may be able to counter it until I can erase it."

"Well I can't argue with you there," Sekijiro said as he tightened his gauntlets for the nth time that night.

"Strange," Aizawa said as he spotted two girls enter an alley, "what are kids doing here?"

Sekijiro spotted the two and furrowed his brow, "Those two.... something's off with them."

"The blonde's got a hidden knife from the looks of it and the green one's got blood stains on the back of her uniform," Aizawa's demeanor changed from an overworked and underpaid salaryman to a professional Hero.

"Let's go," Sekijiro was about to jump down into the alley but was stopped by Aizawa who motioned for them to observe.

Three men approached the young girls and began to threaten them but Aizawa still insisted they watch. Sekijiro was about to step in when he watched the first man's arm nearly explode from the amount of hardened crimson spikes that came out of it. His first thoughts were that it was the man's quirk but he quickly knew that it wasn't from the screaming that followed. Then came the strongest scent of blood and a pulling sensation from within himself. It was as if all his blood was being tugged towards the young girl who's eyes had turned to a glowing crimson. However that pulling sensation was suddenly gone as the scent of blood vanished.

"Go now!"

Aizawa's voice prompted the stunned hero into action as they jumped off their perch to capture the two who had begun to escape.

"Crap heroes!"

The two men stopped in their tracks when they saw the towering man and the hobo with a scarf land in front of them. The man with a pin cushion for an arm raised his good arm and pointed it at the heroes and tried to activate his quirk but nothing happened. He looked with bewilderment down at his hand and back up just in time to see a flash of white before he was thrown to the side. He struggled to escape what felt like a soft metallic cloth as he heard the sounds of his coconspirator crying out in pain as the dull thudding of a fist meeting flesh echoed in the alley. However his struggles were fruitless as he suddenly felt something slam into his abdomen before the world became silent.

"Let's hurry," Aizawa said as he began to handcuff the criminals they had swiftly taken down, "they may need help."

Sekijiro nodded as he ran further into the alley with Aizawa following close behind. However they stopped as the limp body of the green haired girl came rolling towards them.

"Go, I'll handle this one."

Sekijiro didn't hesitate and continued further down the alley. He knew that he could trust Aizawa but the anger the welled up within himself from seeing the broken girl was not something easy to control. He took a breath as he continued to run forward and managed to calm himself somewhat but the anger in his eyes was replaced with a predatory gaze. Soon he came up on the blonde girl with her eyes closed and back against the wall awaiting her fate. With a silent grunt Sekijiro shot his hand forward and felt the blood flowing from himself out through his gauntlet. With sharp eyes he willed the blood to sweep up the man and encapsulate him while leaving his head exposed.

"Are you alright kid?"

-----

Aizawa stared at the blonde girl who had instinctively taken a defensive stance the moment she played eyes on him. She had already lost her only weapon and in state of her body she wouldn't last a single blow. But the gleam in her eyes told him that she would fight until her last breath if it meant even a single chance at survival. It hurts him to see a girl so young have the look but he understood, he too once looked that as he wandered the back alleys in search of any way to survive.

"Relax, we're just trying to help," Aizawa sighed as he gingerly picked up the the green haired girl. He frowned upon feeling how light and thin she was, "You two need medical attention so let's get going."

"I'll take care of things here and meet up with you as soon as I finish," Sekijiro came out of the darkness dragging an unconscious man by his collar.

Aizawa took note of how nervous the blonde girl looked as her eyes frantically darted around in search of a way to escape. He had a gut feeling that he was about to be wrapped up in more trouble than he had signed up for but getting the two to a hospital came first.

"Follow me."

-----

It took everything Toga had to not pass out from the anxiety attack she was having as the doctor examined her with the hero watching her from the corner of the room. She couldn't control her facial expression much less her own body that wouldn't stop trembling.

"You'll need to stay so we can monitor you and your friend but luckily it seems that most of your injuries are already healed! Your friend is the same. After hearing the report I was sure surgery was needed but to my surprise both of you are pretty much healthy aside from light bruising. Is that the effect of a quirk?"

Toga barely registered what the doctor was saying as she scratched at the scars on her wrist. She unconsciously nodded along with short breaths, "I-it's her quirk I think."

"What do you mean," the doctor asked as she pulled over a clipboard and pen.

"She can heal herself," Toga didn't raise her head and dinher best to breathe despite the feeling of something slowly snaking it's way around her neck.

"Did she use it on you too?"

Toga's eyes flashed with fear, "N-no I'm not sure what's happening."

The doctor hummed in aknowledgement before getting up, "Alright I think it's best if you rest for now and we can talk more in the morning."

Toga did not miss the curious glance the doctor and hero shared before they both left the room. The only thing left were the two girls and the soft sound of sobbing.