16 - Entrance Exam IV

"Really Uncle Nezu isn't this a bit overkill?"

Izumi, Toga, and Ochaco watched with exasperated expressions while the Zero Pointer tore through the buildings as it began its rampage.

"Toga, Ochaco we need to take it out."

Both girls turned to Izumi and screamed, "Are you insane?"

"The exit will be blocked with everyone trying to escape and in their panic they'll forget that they have other people to worry about too."

"Help!"

A purple haired girl with earphone jacks as earlobes had her leg stuck beneath a piece of rubble and a girl that had a frog-like quirk was trying to help her get out but to no avail.

"Himi use my blood and search for anyone trapped. Ochaco assist her by getting the rubble off of people. I'll buy you time but the most I can do is a few minutes."

Toga nodded and pulled out a vial with Izumi's name scrawled across it on a piece of paper that was taped to it. She popped off the cap and drank it on a single gulp. What looked like a grey sludge wrapped around Toga until she momentarily disappeared. When the sludge finished forming and hardened a perfect copy of Izumi stood next to Ochaco who had her mouth hanging open. Toga ripped off the eye patch with a dramatic flair and feral grin revealing a glowing crimson eye.

"I still can't get used to this weird thingy you see. No wonder you have to wear the eye patch all the time it's making my head spin."

"Woah that's cool!"

Izumi smiled, happy to see someone who so readily accepted her friend's quirk. "Alright let's go."

-----

"Aizawa what the hell have you taught your daughter?"

All Might tried but failed to hide the anger in his voice as he watched Izumi split off from the two girls. Toga and Ochaco were rushing around and helping to save the examinees who were trapped in the rubble. They were joined by Kyoka Jiro, a girl with the quirk Earphone Jack, and Tsuyu Asui, a girl with some kind of frog quirk. Ochaco, Jiro, and Asui made quick work of finding anyone trapped while Toga mostly assisted with breaking off any rubble that was too large for Ochaco to lift. However it would seem that her crimson eye also had some sort of detection ability after she was able to find a girl with an invisibility quirk named Toru Hagakure. Even Jiro had had a hard time finding out where Hagakure was with all the intense noise and vibrations from what All Might had observed.

Izumi on the other hand had managed to leap to the top of a six story building with a single leap that was quick it was a blurr on the monitors. She took deep breathes as she held out her blade and her gauntlet began to glow a bright crimson. All Might was familiar with that technique as it was the same technique that had razed an entire island to the ground. He could hear the faint click of the gauntlet as its power began to spill out in a crimson mist that took the form of a demonic wing once worn by the herald of destruction himself. The Aramasa, or at least a replica of the famous blade as All Might speculated, began to glow an alluring red along its dark veins. The soft mechanical whirling and clicking of shifting parts filled the observation room as a viscous crimson enveloped the blade. It molded into a large curved blade as the sword shifted into the symbol of death itself and its edges shimmered with violent and unstable power.

"A blood quirk is quite rare," Nezu didn't turn around but All Might could feel the maniacal grin in his voice, "and one as strong as her's even more so."

All Might nearly shouted at the Principal, "You know what happened because of that blade! The lives it took during the Machina Uprising and the Jeju Island Raid!"

"That blade is a symbol of hope much like you are a symbol of peace. To your enemies and villains you are the embodiment of fear. To your admirers and the masses your protect the very definition of power and heroism. That desolate land filled with nothing but bloodshed was put to rest because of that very blade."

Cementoss glared at All Might before turning back to the monitors with a huff.

"Just watch All Might," Aizawa spoke in his usual gruff tone but it had an edge of anger, "and maybe you'll start to see."

-----

Izumi felt strangely free as she stepped off the edge of the building, this time not as a lost soul but as a determined hero in training. A confident and borderline cocky smirk took its place on her face as she ripped of her eye patch to reveal a glowing crimson eye. Unbeknownst to Izumi the white of her hair was slowly devouring the black until it had completely overtaken it.

She reached out her hand with the gauntlet and tensed it slightly feeling the slight prick of the needle hidden within it pierce her skin and let blood flow freely. With a small breathe she could feel the connection between her and the visceral liquid form and she let it loose from within her sleeve and used it to tether herself to the side of the building. Her target was clear, The Titan sized Zero Point robot that currently had its back turned as it tore through a nearby high rise complex. She felt her own blood begin to ignite with power as she burst forth, leaving a crater in the side of the building she was standing on. Despite having appeared near instantaneously next to the Zero Pointer, which would have taken a few minutes to sprint there for a normal person, Izumi still felt as if she were moving at barely a crawl.

Raising The Aramasa that had turned into a crimson scythe Izumi prepared to swing as the image of a starry eyed Toga crossed her mind.

"BLOOD SCYTHE!"

To any normal person it would have seemed like Izumi had just shouted at the top of her lungs and gently floated to the ground before her scythe had once more returned to a sword. However to trained eyes she had swung dozens or perhaps hundreds of times within a matter of moments. To all who were there to bare witness the Zero Pointer had completely shattered into tiny specks of metal that gently floated down like cherry blossoms reflecting the spring sunlight.