🦋Chapter 33🖤

ALERT:EDITED.

Song: Set fire to the rain.
Artist(s): Adele.

___________
______________________________________
___________

(Maryam's POV)

🦋
"How dare you" I said as his expression changed, he had regret on his face.

"I'm sorry" he simply said looking away.

"Hmph" I sighed getting up from him walking into the washroom to wash my face and do the needful, after that I come out and see his gone.

This man isn't a serious man, his not even using any effort to apologise to me just sorry and he leaves, men.

I sighed going out of the bedroom with my phone, I think I should call my mum. After some thoughts I stand beside the stairs dailing her number. She picked after the 4th ring.

"Assalamualaikum mum, it's Maryam" i said

"Walaikum Salam, Maryam how are you?" She asked me, I could feel the weakness in her voice.

"Ummah, how are you?, Are you not feeling well?" I asked worriedly

"I am fine now that I've heard your voice" she replies as she breakdown crying.

"Ummah please don't cry, that hurts me a lot" I said to her as I hear her voice calms

"Maryam, I heard your father got you married to someone else, is he a good person?, Is he troubling you?" She asked almost immediately

Thinking through Aliyu is actually a good man, he is so much better than that Aliyu, I still wonder why he didn't show up for the nikkah but I'm glad, at least I'm not married to a man who threatens me.

"His a good man" I said as I felt my mum release a breath of relief

"How good is he?" She asked

"His the perfect husband ummah, so please stop worrying, he's treating me very nicely and he hasn't raised his voice at me" I said all this to make her calm and not worry as she kept saying Alhamdullilah on the other side.

I don't see Aliyu as any of this but I'll do anything to make my mum not worry and if this would make her calm then I'll do it over again.

"Maryam, would he let you come visit me?" My mum asked as I remained silent, I have no idea if he'll do that and it's just been 2 days with him how I'm I sure he'll allow this.

"I don't know ummah, I'll ask him" I said as she kept praying he would agree making me chuckle, I guess she missed me this much.

"How about mum Aminah, how is she doing and Assar as well" I asked as she told me they were all doing okay, I had a short conversation with her and after that we ended the call.

Turning away to go back to my bedroom I felt a pair of huge arms around my waist which made me stiffen.

'what the hell'

"I'm sorry for my actions earlier" he said as I felt him pull me into his embrace making my back hit his hard chest.

"What are you doing?" I asked,

"Apologizing" he said as he turned me to face him, he was much taller which made me had to raise my face to look up at him.

"I shouldn't have behaved that way with you earlier, I'm sorry, please forget what I said I won't do it again" he said with that annoying apologetic look on his face as I just hummed looking away from him.

"I've heard, I'm not upset, please leave me I don't like this position" I said as he released me from his embrace making me release a breath and the next thing he picked me up.

"Is this okay?" He asked as I glared at him

"Put me down you jerk" I said about to hit his chest as I stopped instantly remembering everything that happened earlier.

"It's okay, you can hit me just not too hard" he said walking down the stairs with me.

"Didn't you say it triggers your heart rate" I said

"It does but if it makes you happy hitting me you should, I'll buy more drugs and employ more doctors" he said as he gave me a warm smile.

It's confirmed that something is definitely wrong with this man, how'd someone go as far as trying to risk his health and for someone they've not even been with for up to 48hrs. Does he really love me or all this is just a show?

We arrived downstairs and he walked to the living room gently sitting with me on his lap, this time I just let him after all I need him to permit me to go see my mum.

"So have you forgiven me yet?" He asked while we were sitting as he was annoyingly playing with my ears.

"Why did you leave the room when I went to the bathroom?, Where did you go?" I asked, I was a bit curious about this so I just had to.

"I went to get you something" he said smiling at me

"What?" I asked as he snapped his fingers with several maids coming into the living room with flowers bouquet and different shopping bags. They placed it neatly on the table and left. I looked at the things and then back at my husband.

"What's all this?" I asked

"An apology gift, please forgive me" he said with a sad expression which I don't know why made me feel really bad.

"It's okay, I said I'm no longer upset and all this gifts aren't necessary" I said as what he did next took me by surprise.

He kissed me. My eyes widened to this. I tried to push him away but my fingers felt numb. I couldn't. I sat there with my eyes widened as his lips explored mine, slowly closing my eyes enjoying whatever feeling this was, he broke the kiss, I have no idea if he was staring at me but my eyes were still closed and after sometime I felt his lips back on mine.

I did kiss him back, had no idea why I did that but his lips were so soft. I loved it. I won't call this my first kiss but it was the first I did ever enjoy.

Hold on a minute, what I'm I doing, how can I let this happen. I quickly broke the kiss covering my mouth with my palms as he looked at me confused before smiling.

"Did you like it?" He asked smiling at me, God he had an innocent look on his face. His so handsome, ya Allah, his mesmerizing.

"Say something" he said as I shook my head making him chuckle

"Don't ever do that again" I said and quickly got up running to my room...