🦋Chapter 40🖤

ALERT:EDITED.

Song: Middle of the night.
Artist(s): Elley Duhe.

___________
______________________________________
___________

(Maryam's POV)

🦋
I sat in the garden outside enjoying the fresh breeze and cause I haven't seen Aliyu since today, I asked the workers about him but all they told me was that he went out, where he went to they've refused to disclose.

My mind keep reminiscing about yesterday when we went to visit my mum, I noticed the way Umar was looking at Assar it's clear he had feelings for her, I wonder why she kept ignoring him, did they fight or what.

"Ma'am" I heard as I turned around to see one of the maids

"Yes" I responded

"Your husband is back" she said as I immediately stood up, I just hope I'm not excited to see him. Can't lie I did miss his company and this house is so big and boring, even the workers are afraid to have a conversation with me and I'm not a fan of watching TV all that keeps me company is my phone.

I followed her walking to the living room where she said Aliyu was, arriving there it was empty and I looked at her

"You said..." I said

"Maybe he went to his room" she says as I nodded dismissing her while I walked towards his room.

Arriving in front of the door I paused remembering how he reacted the last time I came into his room, maybe I should just knock least he won't be angry.

I took a deep breath and proceeded to knock the door, I waited for sometime but there was no response and so I knocked again and still the same, no response.

I decide to open the door and get in myself, slowly opening the door I could see the man sitting at the same spot he sat last time I came into his room.

"Come in" he said sensing my presence as I walked in closing the door behind me.

"Why didn't you respond to my knocks, are you avoiding me?" I asked walking up to where he was sitting, no surprises is still the same, several pills and injections all used scattered around the table, I looked at him and now there was a drip attached to his chest, he looked at me giving me a bored look before looking away.

"What happened to you?" I asked in a calm tone as he looked at me looking away bored.

"Aliyu, what's up with that look, did I do anything wrong to you?" I asked getting pissed at his behavior as he looked at me again

"Nothing" he responded before laying down on the bed covering his self with the duvet and keeping his hand properly to avoid the needle breaking.

"Aliyu" I called walking towards him

"I need to rest" he responded turning off the lights leaving me in silence.

'What the hell' I said in my head before sighing and leaving the room angrily

How could he treat me that way and why I'm I even upset, I'm I not the one that wanted him to leave me alone, I let out a sigh and walk out of the room heading straight to mine to relax maybe he'll come back to his senses when his awake.