1: Meeting Rooms & Hallways

"Alright! Welcome, new employees! Park Investment Firm is growing, so it was time for them to hire new people in all departments. I'm your manager, Ms. Song. I've been working for the Park's for years now and take pride in it. I know the jobs department wouldn't hire just anyone, so let's make sure we keep this building perfect, pristine, and precise!" Ms. Song, my new manager explained as I and a few other new cleaning staff were standing in the hall.

It was bright and early, 8:30 am to be exact. I now work a 9-5...except not in the corporate world. But whatever; I'll stop complaining, because I actually have a job, and it has benefits, too.

Heck, I was more scared of arriving at the nightclub tonight. There was a veteran bottle girl, Lea, who would be teaching me all the ropes on how to serve drinks and "dance" for customers.

The office was empty, no one had come in yet besides us cleaning staff. I guess we had to make sure everything was cleaned and refreshed before the workers came in.

We only cleaned the three floors that Park Investment Firm occupied in this huge skyscraper, but it would still keep us all busy. It was stunning, like out of a K-Drama, with silver and grey touches throughout; everything was modern.

Ms. Song seemed very sweet but was also very serious about her job. But luckily, the new cleaning staff seemed pretty chill. A couple of people seemed near my age and a few were maybe in their forties or fifties. Ms. Song had to have been in her late fifties; full of sass and tenacity.

"Well, if there are no other questions, please go to our break room to find your sheet that has what you'll be doing on it today. It also has when your lunch break is. If you by chance finish all of your tasks before five, I'll let you go early. I'm super chill...just don't piss me off," she glares under her readers, making us all laugh.

"Oh! I forgot one more thing!...do not talk to or interact with the Parks or anyone who works within their firm; they do not tolerate it. We stay within our department, so please get to know each other if you'd like...that's all! Have a great first day at work and I'm looking forward to working with you all," Ms. Song adds, making my heart beat faster, wondering what she meant about all that.

I walked down the hall to the cleaning staff's private break room, where Ms. Song had bought some donuts and pastries for us all, sitting on a counter that was against the wall. It was pretty nice in here; with a big fridge stocked with drinks, a Nespresso machine, and endless snacks in drawers.

Maybe this "janitor" job wasn't too bad, after all.

Taking a bite of a donut, I walked over to the wall to look for my paper. I wanted to stay positive today, and even try to make some new friends. I just thought that if I'm starting my life over, I should try to put my best foot forward.

As I found my paper, two more people walked up next to me to do the same. I gave them a shy smile and nodded, realizing they were from the morning meet-up in the hallway.