15: Getting Mad & Making Up

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.*

"Uh, hello, son," Mr. Park mumbles, peaking inside of Jimin's office. "And Y/N..."

"Do you need anything, Appa?" Jimin asks, tilting his head in curiosity.

I knew Jimin's heart was pounding as fast as mine...Did his dad hear us in here?

"Oh, not at all. I just came to check on how your trades went today, but it seems like you two were already meeting about something," he retorts, nodding his head.

"W-We were just going over my...schedule, and the list of clients I have to meet with for the rest of the week," Jimin replies, hoping his dad would buy it.

"Ahh, I see," Mr. Park chuckles, giving me a friendly glance. "Well, then do you mind meeting me in my office before you head out?" he asks Jimin.

Jimin stepped out of his office a bit, leading his father to join. "Well, what is it, Appa? You can just tell me right here," he whispers, but I heard it.

"I just wanted to make sure you're ready for Friday's meeting. The Chois are nothing to mess around with," Mr. Park informs him sternly.

"Of course, Appa," Jimin grits, squinting his brows in confusion as to why his dad would even begin to doubt him.

It's true; I saw how excited Jimin seemed this morning down at Starbucks when he got the news that they would be meeting with potentially one of their biggest future clients to date.

"Also," Mr. Park starts, clearing his throat. "You seem to be spending a lot of time with this assistant of yours...I just don't want her becoming a distraction, son."

My heart dropped. I'm a distraction?

I heard Jimin sigh. "Appa, you know nothing about her," he argues. "She lost both of her parents to a car crash and is a hard worker...She deserves this position because no one else has given her a chance here in Seoul."

"You know what type of distraction I'm talking about, Jimin...I've never seen you this smitten over a girl in my life."

I didn't want people to feel pity for me or my life. If Jimin gave me the job because he felt bad for me, then he did it for the wrong reasons. I thought I got this job because I was a hard worker, and had an impressive résumé for right out of college, including my volunteer work and Bachelor's Degree in Business.

I heard some mumbling back and forth, but I had zoned out, with my mind running in a million different directions. I grabbed my purse and stood up...right when Jimin came walking back into his office, with the door shutting behind him.

"Where-"

"I'm gonna get going," I whisper, glancing at him quickly before looking down.

"Angel, we're not done," he grits darkly, walking towards me.