.•°¤۞𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝑨𝒓𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕۞¤°•.

You cleared your throat, awkwardly making your presence known. At your noise, the man immediately jumped up and looked at you.

"I thought I told no one to interrupt me-" At the sight of you, he stopped and his face shifted into one of confusion. Yours did as well.

"Wait a minute...aren't you that idiot from the desert...?" You asked, finally recognizing him. His hair was disheveled and he looked sleep deprived, but there was no mistaking it. This was the guy you had seen in the desert.

"Who are you calling an idiot?!" He burst out, before quickly composing himself. "Nevermind that, why are you here?"

"I need to meet a guy called Kaveh. Do you know where he is?" you asked, looking around the room.

"Kaveh....? Hm...and why do you have to see him?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"That's confidential. I just need to know where he is and I'll be on my way," you said, getting tired of this man's questions.

A confident smile formed on his face as he stood up straight. "Why he's right here," he said, gesturing toward himself. You stared at him for a few moments, blinking. "You're the famed Kaveh? The man who is known all over Teyvat for his architecture??" you asked.

"Oh, ha, well there's no need to praise me like that...'' he laughed, waving his hands in denial. "I'm just a mere archite-"

"Weren't you crying on the floor two minutes ago?" you asked, unable to piece everything together. The stories you had heard about Kaveh just didn't seem to make sense with the man standing in front of you. "Ohhh I get it!" you said, snapping your fingers. "You must be his assistant, right?"

He stared at you, bewildered. He sputtered incoherent words in denial, and you could practically see the steam rising from his head. "Assistant?!? Absolutely not, everything I do is my own work," he exclaimed. "It's me, I'm Kaveh!" He looked at you as if this was the most obvious fact on Earth.

"So this is why Matriarch Babel said it would be a difficult mission..." you murmured, looking him up and down.

"What was that??"

"Nothing, sir...!" you stood up straight at once, remembering how important this mission was. "I apologize for my immaturity earlier, my name is Y/N L/N. I will be your bodyguard," you said, offering your hand for a handshake.

"So you're my guard? Haha what a coincidence," he replied, shaking your hand.

"If I may ask...why do you need a bodyguard?" you asked, noticing all the expensive furniture in the room. It seemed like Kaveh had a very comfortable life. "I didn't think that being an architect was particularly dangerous..." you trailed off, trying not to sound rude.

At this, he seemed to shrink and let out a nervous laugh. "About that..." he cleared his throat, struggling to explain. "I...well...may have borrowed just a little bit of money from...very ... .intimidating people...haha," he laughed once again, but it was obvious that he had been worrying about this a lot. "Now don't misunderstand, I'm not a cheat or anything..!" he exclaimed, defending himself. "I just...need some time to pay it back,"

'Hmm, loan sharks...shouldn't be too much of a problem,'

"And how much did you steal? From who?" you asked. "...sir" you added hesitantly.

"I didn't steal!! And why is that any of your business??" he scoffed, clearly feeling attacked.

"I need to know who is trying to hurt you, so I can protect you," you stated, realizing that this man was certainly going to be a handful.