.•°¤۞ 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒕 𝑳𝒂𝒔𝒕 ۞¤°•.

"You're a genius!!" you exclaimed, grabbing him by the shoulders and grinning from ear to ear.

He grew flustered at the sudden compliment and waved it away. "I didn't do much really, I just noticed i-" he stopped mid-sentence and you saw his eyes widen at something behind you. He gulped nervously before pointing a shaky finger over your shoulder. Following his gaze, you turned to see three pyramid shaped robot machines slowly hovering towards you.

"Of all the times to show up..." you internally swore at them before sighing and pulling out your dagger as a new found determination shone in your eyes. You were so close to escaping and nothing was going to stop you now.

"Stay back," you ordered Kaveh before running up to the machines and attacking their weak points. Three of them gradually began pushing you back towards the wall and you were about to be cornered. On top of that, your head chose the worst time to start pounding. You almost doubled over in pain, barely managing to dodge an incoming attack.

Your vision started to blur and a loud ringing in your ears blocked out Kaveh's worried shouts. You grimaced as one of the machine's bright lasers cut a gash into the side of your stomach. You stumbled back and saw Matriarch Babel's stern gaze in your mind, giving you a disapproving look.

"Is this what I trained you for?" you heard her voice resonate through your head, sounding the same way it did when you struggled to fend for yourself as a child. Your headache was getting worse and you were blinded by the sharp pain.

"Over here!"

You looked up to see Kaveh distracting the machines and saw his legs slightly shaking despite his unwavering expression as they started approaching him instead.

You forced yourself up and struck one of the machines from behind straight in its core, effectively causing it to break down. It wasn't long before you did the same to the other two. They shuddered before breaking apart and disappearing into light and you let out a sigh of relief, flinching as you felt pain strike you from the injury on your stomach.

Kaveh ran over to you just in time, catching you before you fell onto the floor.

"Are you alright??" he asked with a worried expression as he woefully examined your new wounds.

"I'm fine, don't worry," you reassured him, taking a few moments before slowly standing up again. You dusted yourself off, shutting your eyes as you felt another wave of pain in your head from the sudden movement. You gave Kaveh the most reassuring look you could muster before heading over to the wall.

"You said we needed force to break down this wall?" you said, tracing the surface trying to identify any weak points.

"That's right...maybe if we go back and find a large rock...." he trailed off, coming up with a plan in his head.

"No need," you said before locating an area in the wall, taking a step back, and ramming into it with all your might. The wall started to crumble and a few rocks started coming away.

"Wait don't do tha-"

Ignoring Kaveh's warnings, you ran towards it again and braced yourself for impact as you slammed into it one more time. The wall crumbled apart, collapsing in front of you and you smiled as sunlight poured into the room, illuminating your exhausted face.

"We did it...we made it out!!" Kaveh yelled, laughing in relief as he stepped outside into the desert. You stumbled after him and had never been more grateful for fresh air. The two of you rejoiced in each other's embrace, grinning from ear to ear at the realization of your successful escape.

Exhaustion took over your body and you slumped into his arms at once, unable to stay standing any longer. "Sorry, I just need to rest...for a while," you apologized.

۞ 𝑬𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆  ۞ // Kaveh x (FEM) ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara